Rainbow in the Dark VS The Raven Mk2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Strategy
Undercutting Disc for this fight, to keep it spinning as easily as possible.

Well, talk about being thrown in at the deep end. I've got Adam to fight first, with his powerful rammer Raven. Although it's normally very quick and has plenty of power and protection from its torque and the armoured scoop on the front, it suffers from a serious flaw in this arena. As mentioned in his stats, his wedge constantly presses down on the floor with no means of raising it besides getting flipped. Good for getting under yes, but with the rough surface of the arena, this cuts his speed down to only 4 and likewise his acceleration, meaning that I'm actually faster than him. Considering his wheels and corners beyond the scoop are very exposed and he has armour low enough for me to deal effective damage to at 9 (By extension, allowing me to peel off the scoop if I can get round it), this means that there's a number of ways I can potentially extreme damage to him in short order.

So with that in mind, game on. I'll start out facing side-on to effectively start up the disc quickly and begin turning as soon as I move out, and from there take advantage of his greatly-reduced speed to aim for the sides of the scoop and the wheels when I get to them. Keep spun up and establish dominance of the middle of the arena early on and keep moving to avoid getting boxed in near the walls and hazards, reverse j-turn off the scoop if I'm ever wedged underneath, and predominantly go for his wheels, the corners, and the sides of the scoop so I can cause damage to it and ideally eventually tear it off to leave him completely helpless. Be aggressive, don't let him bring the scoop into play, and go for the knockout to start RITD's return with a bang!

Good luck, Adam!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:46 pm

My best bet here is to keep my front facing him at all times so I cant get damaged. This strategy is pretty simple: Keep plow facing him, ram him and then get on him after he gets flung and is spinning back up. Go for lots of pins and rams so he can not get anything going on. Typical Raven strategy, I reckon. If I can get him up on my plow, go for a box rush slam for style points. If flipped, use plow for absorbing hits and then go at him with my rear wedges.

-Keep control
-Plow always faces that disk
-Slow the game down
-Win by not letting him do anything.

Good luck.