Visual Assault vs Krill swarm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Krill Swarm:
Minibots (3): 3 Speed | 2 Traction | 1 Torque | 1 Weapon | 1 Armour
Multibots (5): 2 Speed | 1 Traction | 1 Torque | 1 Weapon | 1 Armour

Visual Assault:
Speed: 8
Traction: 8
Torque: 4
Armor: 9 (+2 weapon)
Weapon: 1

going with the wedge set up (http://i.imgur.com/lGRg5O9.jpg)

so 1/8 of 120 is 15 lbs. since all of his robots are the same weight, I would expect them to weight something around that. since each individual robot is so light, I doubt I will have issues over-balancing when lifting, despite the fact that I will not have my usual anti-tip wedges out front. why do I mention this? those little horns on top of the krill make me doubt their ability to drive inverted (or at least be effective wedges when inverted), so it's worth knowing that I can probably flip them if I need to. it's also worth mentioning that due to the shape of my lifter, ramming into them could potentially be enough on its own to flip them over

otherwise, as a control-based design facing something that is uniquely hard to control, there's a few things I should keep in mind here.
1: they're going to try and strand me by exploiting my ground clearance - this will be difficult to achieve, since my entire robot is at least 1/4 of an inch off the ground (except the lifter), allowing me to drive off of their shallow wedges easily. this strategy also involves them being able to catch me. I have nearly triple the speed of 3 of the robots, and quadruple that of the other 5
2: they have 2WD wedges, but they are quite light. as long as I'm pressing, I'll get under
3: they're so small that they will likely fit between the mini-IED things on the outer ring. of course, if they get hit by them, their 1 armor likely means that they'll be taking serious damage
4: Clawstrophobia is going to be an entirely useless tool in this fight for me since it won't really be able to grab any of these things

my speed advantage is such that I am entirely free to dictate the pace of the match. if I keep moving, they can't ever catch me. their abysmal weight and torque makes it unlikely that they can actually push me anywhere at all.

1 power flamethrowers are still a non-factor, even if there's 8 of them.

I ram with 6 power to their 1 armor. shoving them into the walls at full-force is a viable KO strategy. their low armor also means that the flipping-based hazards can easily KO them

STRATEGY: The goal here is to be constantly moving. when one or two of the krill get separated from the pack, plow into them (pressing my lifter before contact to guarantee that I get under them) and then just start shoving them around. ram 'em into walls, feed them to Genghis, whatever. keep picking on any that get close to me, but never try to engage more than 3 at once. always be moving - they can't catch me then

be on the lookout for him to try clever swarming tricks - he needs to do this to win, but can't do this if he can't catch me. so keep moving! if I do end up stuck on a wedge (still incredibly unlikely due to my ground clearance), I can fiddle around with my lifter to gain traction with the ground

If I ever get one krill alone and separated from the group, I can attempt to flip it. only do this if the situation is ENTIRELY safe, since I don't have any backup wedging surface

once the walls fall away, see if I can start shoving the buggers out between the holes in the mini-IEDs. if this works, keep at it. if it doesn't go back to shoving them towards Genghis.

I have 8 speed. use it to back off when I need, use it to KO the suckers when I can.

TL;DR: I AM A SNOWPLOW OF DOOM AND DESTRUCTION
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

StevenTheTerrible

Post by StevenTheTerrible » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Okay, here's the strat. Swarm him! Circle him with bots and bring new ones in when the old ones have been killed.