Mineswept Away vs Pyrite

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Meganew

Mineswept Away vs Pyrite

Post by Meganew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Hinged wedges on.

I will try to initially get underneath him from the front(many hinged wedges beat one single wedge, and unlike Beta, Pyrite's wedge isn't stuck to the ground by a variable suspension). Should that not work, I will engage him at an angle and turn into his side, hopefully getting underneath. I'm not that worried by the thwacker - my armor's decent enough that I doubt it'll truly be that effective, and since he's two wheel drive, lacking torque, removing one wheel off the ground should give me decent control over whatever path he chooses to take. I'll then follow my traditional method of taking him to the hammers(as going to the drum is a poor move given his effective invertibility even if it would ensure the point of his axe would no longer be the forward point of contact).

Good luck, Dylan.

Badnik96

Mineswept Away vs Pyrite

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:20 pm

He's using the hinged wedges, so my plan is going to be to use my superior speed and angle in on his wedges, then scoop him up. Even though he does have a torque advantage, if he tries to push against my wedge, his wedgelets should just slide further up my wedge. So, the plan here is to simply keep angling in on him, bring him to the hazards, especially the drum to try and warp his wedges. If he gets under me, just reverse off his wedge and use my superior speed to re-position. He has no way to keep me on his wedgelets or take me off my wheels, so this should not be difficult to do.

Stay aggressive and keep moving. Don't let him get to my sides.

Good luck Mark and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ