Compound Fracture vs. Annihilation:

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:22 am

Compound Fracture:

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 3
Armor: 10 (weapon armor of 12 for the lifter)
Weapon: 5

Annihilation:

Speed: 4
Torque: 2
Traction: 3
Armor: 8
Weapon: 19

Analysis: Oh boy... well, basically I have a huge drivetrain advantage, he has an absurdly powerful weapon, and I have a sturdy wedge. But he'll kill himself after 3 hits.

Strategy: Charge straight across the arena and ram into him at full speed. He'll probably be able to spin up, but I want to hit him while he's still close to the wall. For this fight, I'll be using my anti-horizontal-spinner plow, which is all flat surfaces, so I'll survive the initial impact. Since he's hitting a wedge, he should also be popped into the air and go skidding into the wall, which will take two of his three hits, possibly even all three if he bounces into a second wall.

After the first big collision, if my plow is still attached to the robot, ram him again. Same for after the second hit if he survives it. If my plow is removed though, carefully approach at such an angle that one of my wheels gets hit by his ring. This sounds like suicide, but it isn't. Compound Fracture is 4WD, so it can lose a wheel on each side and still function, and although the rubber tires will disintegrate, they will act as ablative armor, letting me outlast his unreliable weapon and drivetrain.

Good luck, and may the best robot win!

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Spin up and hit him with 3 hits. Annihilate. Can't do much more.