The Smiler VS Mineswept Away

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Strategy
Curved Bar for this fight.

Although on the surface his anti-spinner setups look quite scary, the problem with them is that the corners are very exposed on all of them, and his armour's pretty low too, so they should give way quite nicely with a few good hits. So keep spun up, stick to the middle of the arena and target his corners predominantly to destroy his wedges/weapons, then hopefully lay waste to the body from there. Drive over him if he does get underneath any point, keep well away from the arena walls and drum to avoid getting flipped, and just generally do what needs to be done to effectively kill his ass, with smiles. :v:

Good luck!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Stat comparison time.

Smiler:
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 2
Weapon: 14
Armour: 8

Mineswept Away:
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 7
Weapon: 0
Armor: 9

Okay. So it's a box rammer versus Icewave. Fun stuff. I see a couple of weaknesses here that makes me want to choose plows:

-His bar is shaped to the point that the sharpened ends dealing damage are at the tips - and its flanges should, once I get in close, be blocked by the flanges of my plow.
-he has a parallelogram shape, with a small inverted wedge at the rear which my plow can get under.
-He's not invertible and cannot easily self right - Ghost Raptor vs Icewave proves that well enough.

So. I will rush directly into him. One of two things will happen - either he'll knock me away, flying away himself(2 traction/2 torque), or I'll make it over fast enough(7 speed) that I can get at him before he spins up. I will recover a lot faster(7 traction/7 torque) and can get back on him if he knocks me away.

My ultimate goal is simple - I will get behind him and slide underneath the crevasse that is his rear ground clearance(after either blocking his spinner and shoving him into the wall or sending him flying away). My plow will prevent his weapon from spinning up, and I will ram him into the drum - which should flip him over. From there, assuming he can't get upright, I will leave him and let him be counted out.

If his weapon motion is considered movement, I will shove him to one of the pulverizers and let him get killed by it as it hammers his baseplate.

If the drum doesn't flip him, take him to the pulverizer and let the hammer smash his weapon motor.

If my weapon gets ripped off, use the other plow. I expect my strong drivetrain to be key to winning this.

Good luck.
Last edited by Meganew on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.