Y-Combat vs. Charybdis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Y-Combat vs. Charybdis

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Charybdis:

Speed: 15 (but actually 3 because it's a melty)
Traction: 1
Torque: 1
Armor: 10 (11 teeth and outer ring, 6 baseplate and lid)
Weapon: 3 (but actually 15 because it's a melty)

Y-Combat
Speed: 5
Torque: 2
Traction: 3
Armor: 6
Weapon: 14

Hooray For Lexan

Y-Combat vs. Charybdis

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Analysis: He's not particularly quick, so I should have time to get up to speed, and it'll be hard for him to push me into hazards. Now, his disc has 14 power and 10 weapon armor, while I have 15 power and effectively 11 weapon armor. Basically, this means that after just a few hits his weapon should die, while he won't do that much to me.

Strategy: Spin up and move to the center of the arena, making sure that I spin in the SAME direction as him (his teeth only work one way, so I can tell which direction this is before the match). At this point, just smack him wherever. As I said, a few solid hits will disable his weapon, and a hit anywhere else will be devastating. In particular, those triangle-shaped support things look vulnerable. Hit them one way and they could get bent into his disc, stopping it. Hit them the other way and they could be ripped off, possibly taking part of his drivetrain with it. So, if possible angle in and hit those.

Basically, just hit him until he breaks, don't let him get hits in when I'm not spinning (a good hit will toss the robots away from each other, making this fairly easy), and don't drive into hazards or get too close to the walls.

Good luck, and may the best robot win!

Meganew

Y-Combat vs. Charybdis

Post by Meganew » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Well... He's a melty-brain spinner. I haven't gotten a chance to see one of those in person, sadly, but I've seen from videos how they work. I know that so far as reality goes, they have traditionally slow spinup times and difficulty easily moving across the arena floor. As such, I will rush towards Charybdis as fast as I can(5 speed vs 3 speed). Like Cyclonebot before him, his traction and torque are very low, and he will eventually bounce across the arena.

My ultimate goal is to force him into a corner of the arena. Due to his melty system, he'll have difficulty moving out of the corner(and what I get from the description of Charybdis is that it can move while spinning, not while stopped). Once I pin him in the corner, I'll back off a bit before moving forward and hitting him before he has a chance to really spin up(which shouldn't cause me much damage). Repeat and don't let him get across the arena. Keep hitting. Use the disc as a buffer if it dies.

Good luck.