Chimera vs Klarinette

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Chimera vs Klarinette

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 pm

<table><tr><td>Chimera

Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5
Armor: 9 (+1 top plate - the green outlined area here http://i.imgur.com/sX6zD5r.jpg)
</td><td>Image
</td><td>VERSUS</td><td>Klarinette

Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Armour: 10
Weapon: 3
</td><td>Image
</td></tr></table>

fuck :v:

wedge spikes on, tail spikes off

his lifter is not very fast - if I flip him a lot, he'll have a hard time re-setting it in the correct orientation.

our stats are incredibly similar, though my 4WD to his treads should give me a slight advantage in terms of turning speed

if he pushes his lifter into the ground to gain leverage, he will lose some mobility, even with treads, since he will have less of their surface area touching the ground

my exposed rear wheels will allow me to maneuver around even if he lifts my front off the ground - they also let me move around when inverted.

due to the length of my wedges, it's highly likely that if he tries to lift me from the front, he'll just lift hinged wedge, not my body.

Strategy: Move aggressively to the middle of the arena to start - if he's hazard baiting, wait there until he is no longer hazard baiting. if he isn't/when he stops, move aggressively towards his front, and ram into him, head-on, then back off immediately after ramming him - and then immediately ram into him again. I know I'm not going to win the wedge war, but I also realistically know that the chance of me angling in is also low. so what I'm trying to do here is bait him into raising his lifter while I'm not on it, and then coming back in while it's raised. even if his lifter is raised the tiniest bit, I will get under him, thanks to my low wedges.

if I get under, great&#33; shove him towards a hammer, and then flip him into it. if I still don't, frantically back off again.

after this initial lifter baiting scheme, start just trying to angle into his lifter - if he presses it into the ground, he'll lose a whole lot of mobility, so I probably will get around it. if he doesn't my wedges probably have a slight advantage since they're segmented. occasionally mix in lifter baiting if it worked initially (don't bother if it didn't).

once I do manage to get under him, keep chaining together flips - his robot's design is built around keeping opponents from being explosive, so even a single good chain of flips could really change the tempo of the match. try to point him at a hazard when chaining flips, I doubt I can get him stuck on anything.

do try to avoid getting lifted/controlled for too much of the match

TL;DR: lifter bating and angling in - don't let him control the match
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

prince palatine

Chimera vs Klarinette

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:53 pm

From the start, come out cautiously. When we get close to one another, push the lifter down. Once we close in, aim to use my wedging advantage to slide underneath the front and push all the way underneath. Don't attempt a lift until fully underneath. Once full under, start the lifting and slam straight into the wall, aim to try and pin him there for the full allotted pinning time to milk the clock and gain strategy points. Another plan is to lift and tip him the other way to wedge him easier from the back, then take him on a tour of the hazards, preferably the hammers for the full time. So rams, pins, lifts and hazards are the order of the day

Defensively, aim to avoid being wedged or baited into any hazards possible. if he tries flanking me, quickly spin on the spot to face him. If my wedge is pressed down and he flanks, bring the lifter back up to give full movement to turn again and bring it back down. Monster truck or wriggle free if wedged and avoid hazards and the hazard baiting tactics should they occur.

Good luck&#33;