Sundown Ranger vs. D'Artagnan

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 28, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't think there's a thread already.... so here we go! It's hammer time!

We've got basically the same stats: I've got one more weapon and traction, he's got one more speed and armor. Both of us are going to be doing catastrophic damage on every hit that's not to our front plows.
He's going to be able to wedge me, probably, because I'm pretty sure I thought having a fixed wedge was a good idea at the time. For some reason. But I've got the swerve drive! So the plan is to try and constantly be flanking him, trying to hit those exposed wheels and slow him down or disable him. I'm pretty sure one good hit will do this. Then I'll be able to stay behind or beside him where he can't hit me, but I can deliver the finishing blow.
So basically, dodge whatever charges he may make, try to come up from the side where he can't hit me otherwise (carefully!), and try to stay out of the line of fire while taking any shot I can get.

GLHF!

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Sundown Ranger:
Speed: 6
Weapon: 12
Armor: 7 (+2 to the plow)
Traction: 3
Torque: 2

D'Artagnan
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 2
Weapon: 13
Armor: 6 (+2 Front Shielding)

Alright, I have more speed, the better wedge, and whoever gets the first hit on a chassis wins. What a fun matchup.

My plan is to be to move out to about the center of the arena and stay there. Sundown Ranger is fairly wide, meaning it's able to pivot on the spot fairly easily. His swerve drive is going to make it hard to keep a bead on him, so I want to be able to pivot on the spot and get the first strike.

If he doesn't come at me, then wait to see what direction he moves in and chase him down. I have more speed, so as long as I watch my sides and keep him from hitting me on the top, I'll be fine.

Good luck Attackfrog and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ