O'Malley vs. Pelican

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

O'Malley vs. Pelican

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 27, 2016 7:48 am

-Pelican is a solidly armored bot, but dear lord is he ever narrow! The ability to score corner shots on him is amazing. Quite frankly I'd have to go out of my way to NOT get a corner shot on him!

-While he does have the advantage in the drive department, I have the advantage of being able to work virtually the exact same way either way. So even if he scores a flip on me I can still function at full effectiveness (yay duel bar spinners!).

-Of course being so narrow and long Pelican's maneuverability is going to be a bit suspect, and for the sake of argument O'Malley does get some flak for his narrow wheelbase, but he was still able to more than hold his own enough to make it to the Finals in Robot Bastards so I think such claims against him are a bit overblown.

-ANYWAY, we're going to keep things simple here. Just focus on keeping my weapon pointed at him and then lunge at him when he gets within a few feet or so of me.

-As a reminder corner damage will be doing severe damage to him on every hit and I have the ability to KO him with a few hits. Not to mention that mangling up his chassis is going to severely hurt his wedging ability making it harder for him to score any flips.

-At the very least, if I can't KO him, I should be able to control Damage pretty well and theoretically swing Strategy my way and that would ideally be enough to offset whatever total he controls Aggression with in the event of a JD.

-As usual, don't get lured to hazards and stuff. Keep things simple and straightforward.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

O'Malley vs. Pelican

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Oh lord, a spinner first off. This is what I get for slacking off and not revising my robots. Oh well.

Pelican's the faster and grippier robot here, but I'm going to really need it when that undercutter smacks my nose away. So the plan is to ram in, take the hit, and hope I can be the faster one to recover after both robots are knocked back and sideways. After I'm hit I'll open the jaws to try and grab onto the side of my opponent, ideally blocking the spinners from turning. Hopefully my teeth will keep O'Malley in place, but in case they don't I'll be driving forwards to keep him in there. I'll bring him over to whatever hazards there are (I don't actually know what the ARC arena looks like...) and hope they do enough damage to get me the win. I need to stay in control here or I'm going to get torn apart.
Most importantly, protect the wheels! Even if my nose is getting bashed up, I'll keep on the offense here. I'm not going to be doing any fancy maneuvers and dodging around: pelican's aren't known for being graceful, and I'm likely to just get hit on the side or the wheels. I'm just going to be going straight at him.

GLHF!