Undertow vs. Sparkster

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Undertow vs. Sparkster

Post by British-Robotics » Wed May 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Warning! Incoming Mini-Boss named Undertow!!!

<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/AaUdyYAnIYg' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

- So, Sparkster will take on the robot from the land of the seas. Challenge accepted&#33;. Sparkster can outpace Undertow thanks to the speed and traction is much higher than Undertow and can manuver well thanks to it's 2WD drivetrain. I'll immediately go forwrad towards the middle of the arena to go on the attack and allow the scoop weapon of Sparkster to go underneath Undertow from the flat sides.

- Once the weapon gets underneath Undertow I'll raise it from the arena floor and topple it sideways, when Undertow is on it's side I'll leave the scoop/flipper open wide in order to trap Undertow, with Sparkster's decent torque I can push Undertow whilst it's upside down and push him towards the pulverizers in order to allow the hazards to damage the underbelly of my opponent.

- I'll continue flanking around the arena and keep aiming for the sides of Undertow and continuiously perform the same method as the previous attempt, but include some slamming against the wall to lead a potential pinning attempt.

Good Luck and may the best robot win.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Undertow vs. Sparkster

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 28, 2016 8:17 pm

Alright, so we've got rear-hinged wedge flipper versus rear-hinged wedge flipper. I've got worse speed and traction, but I can maybe make up for the traction part by having four wheels. I've also got a more powerful flipper.
The plan, is to keep the sharp end forward and hope to get underneath. I... don't actually know what the ARC arena looks like. So I don't know if this will work, but I'd like to hide in a corner and wait for Sparkster to come at me, to protect my sides a bit. If there's a hammer there that's going to be whaling on me the whole time, this is obviously a bad idea and I won't do it. But maybe there's a safe corner somewhere?
Otherwise, I'll do my best to come at Sparkster from behind and get underneath, then flip&#33; And maybe having all my weight on the tip of the wedge will give me a bit of an edge going head to head as well.

GLHF.