Jetset vs Sarge

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Jetset vs Sarge

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:47 am

-He's pretty darn fast no doubt about it, but with great speed can come great instability, especially when you're minus a few points in the traction department. So yeah, I'm edged in the drive categories, but I can push my lifter into the floor to increase my leverage so I should be able to make myself lower on a regular basis.

-Don't try to get too fancy to start out with, just focus on keeping my lifter pointed at him and pretty much just let him come to me. Sarge is fast enough (and with a perfect speed/traction ratio, controlled enough) in is own right to keep him from easily flanking me regardless of his speed.

-If I can get my lifter under him I should be able to get his wheels off the ground and thus take his torque out of the equation and then drive him around to the hazards. He has 6 armor everywhere so that's plenty of opportunity to get damage on him. Even if I can't get him into the hazards, just pinning him against the wall for as long as I'm allowed is still a nice positive outcome for me. It's eating up clock and keeping myself in the dominate position.

-If he wedges me, he doesn't really have much that would prevent me from being able to slip off the sides since his chassis is on the narrow side of things, so try to escape quickly if I can.

-So really the name of the game is to respect his speed advantage and just focus on exploiting my wedge advantage and keep control of the fight as much as I can. And obviously don't let him bait me into the hazards or anything like that.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.