Waterloo Sunset VS Awkwardbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Waterloo Sunset VS Awkwardbot

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:17 pm

All right, looks like I'm up against another Bad Idea creation. Considering Waterloo took a tough loss last week, this should make for a nice opportunity to settle the score a bit.

Analysis
The two main advantages he has are that big old blade at the front, and his quite frankly insane amount of Torque. That's where it ends though, because he's not really designed to take advantage of either. It's very high off the ground, and the "X" shape of his chassis means that his weapon has an extremely narrow range due to the body blocking the Blade- furthermore, due to my very thick Armour, my level of protection matches it for potency, thus it'll have almost no damage potential whatsoever even if he does hit me. In a best-case scenario for him, he'll probably just scratch the paintwork.
He's also incredibly slow at only 4 and has dreadful Traction at only 3, so he'll have about as much control of himself as a Tank on ice. Even if he can reach his top speed slightly faster than I can, it's still incredibly slow, and I can easily nullify his Torque advantage by raising him off the ground even slightly.

Most importantly however- he's extremely top-heavy, has those big flat sides for getting perched onto, and has absolutely no wedge protection or means of righting himself once turned over or onto his side. Simply put- if (Or in this case, when. :v: ) he goes over, he's an epitaph.

Strategy
Game on. Considering all the disadvantages I've mentioned above, I'm going to keep this one relatively simple. I'll move out quickly, press down my front wedge, go for his sides or front corners depending on what's closer at the time, and then immediately swoop underneath and use my Flipper to turn him over. If I don't succeed the first time, keep on pushing and soften him up by keeping underneath and ramming him into the walls, and try again. Mix up both ramming into hazards (Like the Drum and Pulverisers) and attempts to put him on his back to score points, and once I do succeed in flipping him, shove him under the closest Pulveriser to finish him.
And just in case- keep my sides well protected, keep moving and constantly aggressive, controlled and unpredictable in my approaches, and be careful around the hazards when I am not taking him to them myself.

All right, hopefully this should cover it. I'm feeling confident with this one, but good luck anyway, James.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."