Lethal Injection 2 VS Flip This

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Lethal Injection 2 VS Flip This

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:31 pm

Well there's something you don't see every day- a giant ball trying to make a name for itself on ARC. Certainly quite unusual, but there shouldn't be anything to stop LI2 from putting his footballing skills to good use here- just too bad this match can't be hosted at Wembley. :P

Analysis
18 Speed is certainly the fastest Speed I've seen on a robot here, and in theory, this could make the giant Hamster Ball a tricky machine to catch. In practice however, it simply find it hard to get going, let alone reach such high speeds unassisted. He has a pitiful Speed-Traction ratio (Especially blatant considering he doesn't even have tyres.), so he'll barely have sufficient grip on the ground or sufficient purchase for the vehicle inside to roll around in. His non-existant Torque also cuts his acceleration by a lot, and he has no way of telling which way he's going- on top of his aforementioned control issues, he'll mostly just be rolling about aimlessly.

Also, he has absolutely no means of attacking whatsoever, not even any static Spikes, wedges, or even just a flat surface to make some use of the speed and push with. So without sounding too harsh, this design has about as much offensive potential as a pillow. Hell, a pillow would be a step up in terms of weaponry!

Strategy
Since he can't really do anything to me despite his theoretical speed advantage, I guess I can keep this one relatively simple. I'll be as controlled and aggressive as possible like I usually do, and keep lifting and slamming him around the Arena as much as possible. Box him into the Pulveriser Corners and shove him into both the Drum and Killsaws to try and split open the sphere- since he's only got 8 Armour, this is a very real possibility if I keep up the attacks. Keep the front facing him, and use my superior acceleration, traction and torque to keep on top of him constantly and cut off his escape routes if he tries to run away.
Ideally I want to be able to break him open and attack the robot inside it (Ala Psychosprout) to claim the win by TKO, but I'm OK with winning on Aggression/Damage and Strategy as well.

And that ought to do it- good luck anyway, James.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."