Give Way vs Awkwardbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

MadBull

Give Way vs Awkwardbot

Post by MadBull » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:44 pm

HIM
Speed: 4
Traction:3
Torque:6
Armor:7
Weapon:10

ME
Speed: 3
Traction: 3
Torque: 3
Armor: 10
Weapon: 11

What an awkwardly shaped bot. See, thing is, as it is, vertical discs have a fairly small and especially narrow effective area, unlike, say, full body spinners who are effective all around the bot. Or drums that have a wide effective area. In the case of Akwardbot, that area is not only narrow, but also more or less obscured by the shape of the robot. I wish to make use of that by attacking the sides without risking being struck by his disc. At all.

Be unpredictable, be hard to catch. A normal robot can drive away from an opponent in 2 directions, I have 6. Six. If he comes at me, pick a direction to dodge his attack. He can not predict what direction I will pick, upon seeing what direction I pick he will have to turn. Turn. A daunting task that Give Way has moved to the bottom of his priority list. He will have to turn and then give chase. Pity Akwardbot I say, for having to invest time in something as trivial as turning. By the time his controlled can even think of turning I will be long gone. Heck, it's a big vertical spinner with a narrow wheelbase, they don't like turning very much.

So, use my many many directions to not be attacked, also, use them to get to his sides. Or corners, corners are fine too, they are 4 pointing-outwards-bits that are prone to being attacked. Whenever I can, attack. Whenever I can drive at him without risking being struck by his disc, that is. When in such position, do not turn, just use one of my six directions to come in. No need for turning, this is Give Way. I do not care much whether this results in hitting him with my drum or with my wedges. Both are fine, whatever's convenient for the position I am in at that point. His armour is a fair bit weaker than my weapon, so he won't like being drummed. HECK, he seems to have a fairly high center of gravity, maybe I can, you know, FLIP HIM! WIN! And yeah, if I don't drum him, I wedge him. He has no wedge protection. Get under, take control, take him to the nearest hazard, and enjoy.

I am sloped-ish, have decent armour, have a low center of gravity... if he ever hits me, take it like a man, and go on fighting.

GOOD LUCK