Lava Spire Daredevil Run vs. Spike

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Lava Spire Daredevil Run vs. Spike

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 am

-You know, Daredevil Comets only give Mario 1 life bar to complete the level, that could be oddly appropriate here with Spike having a +8 weapon on armor advantage over SPDR's main armor putting it within 1HKO range.

-Now obviously I'm bested in speed, but on the plus side I don't really need to rely on positioning too much. Spike's armor is high enough that (after weapon split) he can't damage me directly with either a flip or the rear drum. Additionally, with his double flipper operating on a single system, every flip he attempts will leave him stranded for a bit making following up on a flip nearly impossible for him.

-Let's keep things simple here. If he charges out at me, get my ring up to speed and try to smash him more or less head on. Even a hit on the flipper plate will cause a high level of damage to him. After the collision get back up to speed and attack again. No matter where I hit him, I shouldn't need more than a few decent shots on him to put him down for the count. I mostly need to make sure I'm able to get my weapon back up to full speed after every hit.

-Getting flipped by him is not in itself a big concern since Spike works exactly the same either way, but I do want to make sure he doesn't try to get me into the hazards. Even with Spike's respectable armor, these arena hazards mean business, so try to keep the fight towards the middle of the arena as much as I can. Don't let him lure me towards the hazards under any circumstances.

-So as long as I can keep things in a "spin and hit" mode I should be in pretty decent shape. If he wedges me, try to drive off him as he doesn't really have anything to hold me on his wedge.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.