Dreadnought Mk2 VS Adjudicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought Mk2 VS Adjudicator

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Well, looks like I'm onto my final fight for this week. I'm up against Adjudicator here, so I'm at least quite thankful I'm not fighting Snijmachine again. Without sounding too arrogant, he looks pretty tough, but I think Dreadnought has what it takes to beat this corrupt judge to the punch.

Analysis
At a glance, King Buxton's bigger, meaner cousin looks very solid indeed. He's quite fast at 7 Speed, has pretty decent Armour, and has two rather solid-looking weapons in that hinged wedge on the front, and that big old spinning drum at the back. If I'm not careful, he could prove tricky to deal with.

However, he does seem to have a lot of noticeable weaknesses as well, most notably in his stats. Although he's relatively fast at 7 as previously stated, I'm still faster at 8 Speed, he has much lower Traction than I do at 5 compared to my 8, and rather surprisingly for a 4WD machine, only has 2 Torque, which he matches me in. As such, I'll not only be the faster and much more manoeuvrable and controlled machine, but I can also force deadlocks as and when necessary by pushing against him.
Furthermore, the power of his Drum is only 9 compared to my 8 Armour. As stated in the rules- "0-1 more points would be major scratches and nicks. No chance of knockout through weapon damage alone". Basically, that means the Drum will do very little damage to me on its own, especially with my angled plating deflecting the blows as well.

In terms of his actual design, Siphai did not state whether or not the Drum can spin the other way when Adjudicator gets flipped over. If it can, that's fair enough but it still won't be too powerful, all things considered. If it cannot, then that's a major disadvantage, since all I have to do is flip him over once, and that will allow me to completely nullify his main weapon.
At the same time, his wedge will most likely not be as effective as mine, either. Not only is it narrower than my chassis wedge with no wedge protection along the sides, his four wheels and the fact that it is hinged (And therefore evidently lighter, possibly even hollow if the cuts in it are anything to go by.) mean that it will not be as flush to the ground as my 2WD wedge is. Plus, there will not be any teeth on the bottom side to try and pin me with either, so basically both his weapons become nearly useless when turned over.
The big exposed wheels are also vulnerable to damage, and they will make convenient handles for my wedge due how they stick out so much, even moreso when he's upside-down due to his tapered chassis. They're also relatively low to the ground, meaning he'll have real problems trying to get off my wedge once I have him, particularly with the Polycarbonate Strip on my Flipper keeping him trapped. Overall, once I flip him over, he'll be in major trouble.

Strategy
Game on. Considering my superior speed, acceleration and agility, I'll want to make use of those factors to get past his defences early on- move out quickly, and as I approach, quickly turn into either his wheels or the side of his hinged wedge depending on which is closer. Force my way right under to prevent him from getting away, and then immediately turn him over using my Flipper to nullify his weapon potency.
If he tries to run away, chase him down using my superior drive and get him from one of his aforementioned weak points, but watch for if he tries to turn his wedge into my sides, for instance. If he tries this, use my speed to move out the way and come back again from a different area.

In any case, I should be able to get underneath him eventually. If I haven't flipped him over already, do that first, but if I have already, I can then begin to really attack him. Prioritise staying underneath and being as controlled and aggressive as I can. Mix up flipping and ramming him into the walls, and getting him into the hazards by doing both of those things as well.
In terms of what hazards to focus on using, prioritise throwing him into the Drums using my Flipper to damage his wedge and wheels, and keeping him forced into the Compressor and Pulveriser corners to pound away at that shiny 7 Armour. Again, be very aggressive, and don't give him any chances to get away- by keeping up a variety of flips, rams, and hazard trips, damage will quickly begin to show up, and I'll be able to earn more points with the Judges via a performance of throwing rather than simply pushing and nibbling away at my armour as he will.

My defences mostly come down to not giving him any chances to bring his weapons into play. The best way I can lessen their effectiveness will be to minimise his chances to get away as I attack him (Use my superior speed and agility to keep him in check!), and keep him running inverted as much I can- that way, his drum will spin down rather than up, and his wedges won't have those teeth to keep me in place, so I'll go over him if he tries to push me instead of being pinned.
Even as I do this though, I can't afford to get complacent. Keep my sides and back well-protected at all times, self-right immediately if I get flipped, keep constantly moving and unpredictable in my approaches as I attack him (IE. Go for a different weak spot each time if I can.), and make sure to keep him away from the Floor Flippers unless he's limping, as he could use them to right himself if he's flipped. Keep my distance from the hazards when I'm not taking him to them myself, and if he does get under and try to push me (But hopefully he shouldn't do.), do what I can drive off his wedge, and failing that, push back against him to force a deadlock.

Overall, I'll want to make use of my innate advantages of speed and agility in order to be as aggressive and controlling as I can against him. Flip him early on to neuter his attacking capabilities, and from there bring the hurt using a mix of ramming, flipping, and hazard trips in order to gradually break him down. Give him no breathing space, keep underneath as often and as much as possible, and be relentless.
Now ideally I hope to be able to KO him on damage, but he seems pretty hardy, so it'll be more likely that it'll go to the Judges. Still, winning by Decision is fine by me as well- at the very least it'll be a nice change from losing and getting smashed up by one of his undercutters.

Anyway, hopefully this should be enough for Dreadnought to take the win, here. Good luck Siphai, looking forward to seeing how this goes.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."