Team Mongoose - El Chupacabra vs Ice Cube Gin & Tonic -

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NFX

Team Mongoose - El Chupacabra vs Ice Cube Gin & Tonic -

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Prongs, please.

+ He only has two points of Speed over me, which is definitely not enough to run rings around me. His absurdly high Traction will compromise his turning, though, as will the fact his wheelbase is narrower than it is wide, and the fact his wheels are extremely wide as well.

+ Torque is even, but I feel I have the better wedge. I can push my lifter into the ground, whereas he has freely hinged wedges which cannot do that. I therefore have better leverage with my wedges than he does his.

+ I have two points of Armour, so I should be able to withstand more punishment than he will. I also have an active weapon which I can use to control him, whereas he has no weapon at all.

> Keep the forks down, rush out at him and get underneath him. Once I've done that, lift him up and take him immediately to the hazards. Ideally pulverizers to cave his chassis in, or drum to warp his wedges. If he gets under me, then the prongs will catch against the front of his chassis, I can raise them a little to get my wheels back on the ground, and he won't be able to push me. If the skirts are as high as the chassis, though, then I might be able to drive straight over him, and if I do get under him in this case, then turn him over and completely negate his skirts. If I can't go monster trucking, then just drive away and escape. Should he try going around to my sides, his poor Traction should mean he'll have trouble getting his front wedge into play before I can either get my prongs into play or back up and escape, depending on how wide he goes. Avoid hazards and getting pinned in against the walls, and move into open space when I'm on the defensive. If he does get me against the spike strips, though, he'll have trouble pushing me to the hazards from there, so that's beneficial to me.

Good luck, Alex, and may the best bot win. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy