Dr. Robotnik vs. Red Zone

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu May 22, 2014 10:53 am

-There doesn't seem to be much confidence in Robotnik going into this fight, but he did manage to score the win in the first meeting so there's no reason I couldn't do so again, especially if I can build upon the positives from that match.

-I'm going to reiterate a paragraph from my previous RP since the same logic will apply. I'll go with the disc and an in undercutter mode. The disc is for more devastating hits and undercutter is because I think I have an opportunity with the shape of his plow (because I'd be shocked if Chris doesn't lead out with that). The bottom (and top) of the plow are actually narrower than his main body thanks to the dramatic inward slant Chris put on the plow's edges. This will make it FAR easier for me to hit the edges of the plow than if it was a flat, boxy shape (like a Blood Gulch plow just for reference).

-I'll also bring up a couple of points from the result. First, I was able to get weapon up to full speed before he was able to get to me at the start even though he planned on rushing me at the opening. This is significant in that he'll have to eat a full powered disc shot no matter what at the start. Secondly (and presumably aided by the point in the second paragraph) I was reasonably successful in getting in some hits on his main body. In fact, when I hit the plow itself I was able to toss it completely up in the air on its hinges while knocking him aside and that really hurt his momentum and allowed me another shot at his main body.

-The good thing is that there really isn't too much need to divert too far from my previous gameplan, and the reasoning is simple: it was good enough to keep pace with him last time and there really aren't too many other options for Red Zone to try.

-Most likely he'll be rushing in with the plow once more. Last time he tried to get around me when he saw he wasn't going to make it to me when my disc was up to speed and that allowed me to score the first hit on his main body. I'd say that it would make him less likely to try that again and instead favor a more direct box rush. If that is indeed the case, then I'll just take aim to hit the edges of the plow (which as stated above is actually easier than it appears) and try to bat it aside as I did before. From there try to follow up with a hit on his main body as best as I can since that's where I'll rack up the big money damage (I mean +3 over the plow isn't useless, but the +7 on the main body is heavy hitting).

-If he does try to swerve around my disc again, then ideally he would meet the same fate as he did last time and eat a hit on the main body. Since I'm staying pretty close to the wall at the start, there isn't much maneuvering room in that situation. Score that hit and then go about business as usual by keeping the disc facing him and and trying to score as many hits on him as I can.

-If he does try to dramatically switch things up, I'd imagine it would involve trying something tricky with the lifter. Either he'd be trying to slip it under the disc (trying to get under an undercutter disc? Erm...) or he'd approach with it raised and be looking to press it down on top of my disc. That would be a more realistic plan, but still flawed.

-For one thing, his lifter only barely sticks out further than those side wedges (which have the lowered armor value thanks to that plow bonus remember) which makes them very large and easy targets for my disc. A hit or two would probably knock them completely off. Secondly, he only gave his lifter a power of 2, and with the new rules a lifter has to have a minimum of 4 power to be any kind of useful. So basically he has a very slow moving lifter that that will both be easy to maneuver away from if he tries to bring it down on the disc AND easy to escape from before he can lift if he manages to wedge me with it at some point during the fight.

-So either way, I'd prefer to be targeting those side wedges, but a lifter on the ground isn't a bad target since it ends with such small narrow points, and even with the higher armor value are still plenty susceptible to warping and breaking.

-Keep away from the hazards of course and apart from the start don't hover overly close to the walls (so I can have some maneuvering room). Keep him from slamming my disc into the wall or anything like that. Just keep the disc in his face as much as possible and score as many hits as I can. If I can get enough hits on the main body (and particularly at the wheel area) a KO is not out of the question at all.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri May 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Stat-wise, as long as I can keep my plow facing him when he