Mimete vs. Square Wave

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Mimete vs. Square Wave

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat May 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Both of us are bricky orange lifters. Both are going to the play-offs, and the positions are all set. So this fight doesn't really matter. But I care about my win/loss record, so I'm RPing. :v:

- So, beforehand, Alex MW told me he's going with the wedge set-up (the first time he said he would, he also said "don't quote me on that". Now he's said it a second time and thus confirmed it, so I will quote him on that. :v: ) . Plow set-up, please, and started inverted for awesome ground clearance (not with the plow inverted!!! :P). I was going to go with that set-up regardless, but if he's going to go with the wedge set-up this benefits me even more. Why? Well according to Spatula's words of wisdom :v: , a flat-piece wedge or scoop works better against a serrated or multi set-up like Square Wave's. Not only that, but:
It doesn't show the inlets in the wedge set-up, but from the looks of that, Mimete's scoop is heavier and also seems to have more leverage. Jeez. So that's three things I seem to have over Square Wave's set-up: weight, leverage, and flat-piece against multi-wedge. This also benefits me because I'm faster and have the same control as him. So he can't really try and get to my sides. Moreover, because of the shape of the scoop, he can't drive over it. Mimete's scoop stonewalls him.

- Interestingly, he outdoes me slightly in torque, armour, and weapon. Those won't really matter as much because he can't use those to get around Mimete. :v:

- Design, ah... here is where things get tricky. Even if he is able to get under Mimete, and even with his 4 weapon power, he isn't going to be able to lift Mimete, unless she's like fully on top of his lifter and not touching the ground at all. Square Wave takes its design from Breaker Box, and Breaker Box has nothing stabilizing it in front, which is why Jim Smentowski didn't once try to lift an opposing robot. Square Wave has the same problem. Its lifter is connected at the middle of the robot, so it would probably be able to lift an opponent up a little bit I guess, but eventually the balance of another robot of equal weight on its lifter will be too much and Square Wave will roll up onto its front wheels, tilting the back of the robot up, and leave him vulnerable. That's not good.

- So knowing all this, I can afford to be aggressive pretty much all match. Go right at him. Get under him, slam him into the wall or the nearest hazard, and keep him in the hazards, or pinned against the wall, as long as I can. If not and he gets away, stay with him. I'm faster so I can pretty easily dictate the pace of the fight, and make sure all he gets is scoop. To amplify this, when I'm about to crash into his front-end, press the scoop directly into the ground and utilize my good ground clearance. He's too slow to get around it at that distance. There is also a chance his lifter could get hooked around the top of the scoop, since the top of the scoop is narrower than the bottom. This would be enough to raise his two front wheels off the ground and give me the torque advantage. Drive him under the pulverizer and let it beat on him.

- Uhhh... if he does something crazy like trying to thwack his set-up into Mimete, I'm not sure how that would work. Even the sides of the scoop are angled so he wouldn't even connect with anything solid. Just tank the hit and repeat my above tactics. He could also try driving (forward or reverse) over the side of the scoop. Be prepared to turn and face him if he does that.

- If I end up on his lifter, regardless of what his lifting ability is, try to get away as quickly as I can. If for any reason I get flipped in the match, just right myself. I can't rotate the lifter to the other side because the wedge corners get in the way, so I'm forced to right myself to attack effectively. Regardless, 3 weapon power isn't that slow so I'll resume the fight normally once I'm happily back on my wheels, except not pushing the scoop into the ground anymore.

- Don't raise the scoop for any reason. I want to use it as a more effective buffer against Square Wave's own set-up. Don't get baited to hazards, that's dumb. Since a KO is unlikely here, I want to own all categories during the fight, so bring the fight straight to him, keep an eye on what he does, and never let up.

Good luck.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux