Striker vs. Snijmachine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Striker vs. Snijmachine

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat May 03, 2014 4:36 pm

God dammit...why did Striker have to run into so many power spinners in this tournament? He can literally hold up well against any other type of bot. But than this happens...week after week it seems...

The good news about this match vs. some of my other power spinner matchups this season is that Snijmachine will be easier to get around. At his front corner, his spinner can't hit me; this was not the case in many of my other matches since the disc circumference would typically wrap around the front and some of the side. So with my slight speed advantage, I hope to get to at least his front corner and scoop him up. My vertical bar rack might not be as intimidating as his horiz spinner, but if I can get under him and strike his underbelly (or his wheels) and fuck up his armor, I might be able to destroy him before he can destroy me. His armor is only 5, so my weapon power is 2X his and should pack quite a punch. If I'm lucky, I'll strike one of his wheels and either badly damage it or rip it off altogether. My damage will have to be more carefully crafted, but it's still very much possible.

So basically, a lot of this really depends on how well and how often I can get around his front and avoid direct contact with his spinner. Since I have the drive advantage, I should be able to accomplish this.

Good luck!

Siphai

Striker vs. Snijmachine

Post by Siphai » Sat May 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Snijmachine
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Armor: 5
Weapon: 13

Striker
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Armor: 6 (+1 Rear Plow)
Weapon: 10

Undercutter.

I just gotta hit him once.

I have an 8 point disparity between my weapon and his armor. That's close to one hit knockout range. A single hit on his wedge or wherever is just gonna rip him apart. On top of that, my weapon has a huge amount of reach.

http://i.imgur.com/RgGtILK.png

He doesn't have a lot of space to actually hit me. He has my sides, but otherwise everywhere on my front is essentially covered if I move in the slightest. He has a one point speed advantage, so he's not going to be running circles around me. Linearly he can go faster than me, but because he's going to try to go around me he's going to have to cover a larger distance than me just turning. Bad Attitude vs. Huggy Bear. I always say that the dude that doesn't mind going head to head has the advantage because he forces his opponent into a strategy that is more difficult to execute.

So I want to be aggressive. I want to spin my disc up, keep my front facing him, and hit him as soon as possible. My undercutter will help fight off his wedge, and in fact if his wedge hits my disc at any point it should be ripped off. Striker was absolutely destroyed by Golden Blaze, Mass Hypnosis, and Murder is Fun, and there isn't really a reason why it should change here. As long as I keep my front facing him and force him into my disc, Striker will immediately suffer. Striker wasn't fast enough to get to Murder is Fun's sides, so there should be no reason why Striker is fast enough to get close to Snijmachine's sides (when it has been previously established that Snijmachine is more maneuverable than Murder is Fun).

If he does hit me, well, at least a 5 weapon to armor disparity will mean that I should survive a couple of shots. More than enough opportunities to hit him enough until he is KOd.

Good luck.