Stabstract vs Solar Smash

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat May 03, 2014 8:49 am

Speed is exactly the same here, so this should be a close encounter on that aspect, as we should be able to keep fairly close to each other. Traction goes to me however by one point, which not only means I'm actually better controlled (But only just) but I'll get to my top speed faster than he will. Armour goes to me by two points, but cause he gave his rear plow an armour bonus, his base armour is a measly 5, four points less than my body armour. This should mean that I can cause some serious harm to him by using the hazards to my advantage. His punching spike wont be able to cause any damage to me, due to my armour value being two more points higher than his weapon. Most glaringly, I have the superior torque in this battle by 4 clear points, meaning I should be able to out-push him every single time we come in to contact. Also, my hinged wedge is significantly stronger than his two small hinged ones. I should be able to get underneath him more times than vice versa, plus if he gets underneath me, the chances of him doing anything to me are slim, due to the torque and weapon points I brought up earlier.

Game Plan

Alrighty, hinged wedge on for this match

- From the start of the match, race out to meet him and try to get under that front of his as quickly and as often as possible. Once underneath, I'll wanna exploit his low armour that I mentioned earlier and haul ass towards the pulverizers and try to pin him there for the allotted time. Once I have to back out of there, do so and rush back in. The aim here is to be a relentless in my pursuit of him as I possibly can, scoring as much aggression and damage points as I possibly can. Use the hazards to their fullest in this match, mostly the hammers, but use the killsaws also for damaging him up. If I can't get him to the hazards, then to slam him into walls and pin him there to milk the clock and get strategy points. If I can get him to the drum, do so. If flipped the right way, he wedges will become less effective and give me more chances to dominate him as much as I can. So the main points for offence is to use my wedge to it's fullest and use the hazards available to damage his armour value to try and go for KO. Take plenty of chances for pinning attempts and ram against walls too.

- For the defensive aspect of the match, I'll wanna keep my front facing him at all times. Using my better control in this situation should make it somewhat easier than usual. If he makes a last minute dash to the sides, then cut him off at the pass and quickly turn around to keep my front pointed at him. If he leaves his sides exposed to attack whilst he's side on, take the risk and go for them, but be wary of any kind of traps and tricks he may try to do. If he tries to bait me into the killsaws or any other hazards, stay away from him. Just hang back from him and wait for him to come out of hiding before going after him again. If he wedges me front on, due to his poor torque, just quickly reverse and go back on the attack again. Avoid all hazards whenever possible, keep to the centre of the arena. Stay away from the killsaws too to protect my tracks also.

That should just about cover it, good luck Chris, and may the best bot reach the playoffs

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat May 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Solar Smash has been on a roll of late...winning this one would basically complete his redemption and (hopefully) dvisional title. Should be an epic battle!

OK, so right off the bat, the big disadvantage I have to overcome is my inferior torque. I can't really push him at all with just my drive (I will however be able to shove him around with the pneumatic ram, given it's powerful force. The ram will then essentially act as a pushing aid, while also doubling up to cause damage. Luckily for me, he has a lot of flat surface, even with his hinged wedge setup.

So at the start of the match, I will come out at him and go right at his front. Once again, it's basically a coin toss to see who can get under who since we both seem equally as effective in the wedge department. So there are two outcomes here:

-either I'm lower, in which case I'm in really good shape for the match. I can just scoop him off the ground with my wedge, carry him around, constantly fire the ram right into his armor while also simultaneously taking him to the hazards. Whichever hazards are closer and most convenient work for me, but I'll ideally go for either the hammers or saws since they can do the biggest damage. In this scenario, my weak torque should not be an issue at all and I should be fine.

-if he's lower and gets under me, I'm not completely screwed. Like I said, he has a gap between his hinged wedge and the top of his front chassis so I can strike his flat surface with my pneumatic ram and poke some holes in his armor. He might be able to incrementally push me but with a combination of me punching him backwards and inflicting damage should help me hold my ground pretty well.

If I ever get him from the sides, I want to try and aim my ram punch to strike his tread. If I time it right (like...hit the mark perfectly), I could cut this tread and maybe snap his drive in half. It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened. Either way, I hope to cause some decent damage to his treads in this one by either doing this or getting him over the saws.

Basically use the ram as often as possible and try to get under him with the wedge as much as I can to prevent him from pushing me around a lot. He's got very solid armor, so I don't expect to do major damage to him. The damage I plan to do will be to knock him around, do incremental damage and maybe get a few hole punctures so that I can score some big points for the judges.

Good luck!