Dreadnought VS Golden Blaze

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought VS Golden Blaze

Post by GF93 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 am

Well now, looks like we've got Golden Blaze. Looks solid enough, and it's taken down some good robots despite being very "on again-off again" in terms of RPing schedule. Winning is still a reasonable prospect though, so let's see if I can strike some gold and stake my claim to victory here. [USER WAS BANNED FOR THESE TERRIBLE PUNS. -Admin.]

Analysis
OK. As mentioned above, he's a fairly solid-looking Tornado Mer-like spinner. He's got a pretty strong weapon at 12 power, has that weird MeltyBrain thing going on (Though I haven't seen him use it against a wedge, so I'm not certain as to how well it works.) as a secondary means of attack, and he's got a decent clip of speed as well. I've seen him use it to move to opponent's sides, so I'll need to stay alert to ensure he doesn't do the same here.

However, he's got his weaknesses as well. His most notable one is, as typical with Bar Spinners of his type, is his complete lack of a reliable self-righting ability. Once I've turned him over, he'll be in real trouble- if I don't TKO him this way immediately, I can flip him over again immediately to prevent him from recovering.
What's more- due to his low speed and awkwardly-designed teeth for a SnS, he won't really be able to bat away my chassis as he says he'll be able to. There won't be enough power behind spinning his chassis, and my superior Traction and wide wheelbase will enable me to stand my ground more easily if he does try to do so. He also lacks Traction and Torque, so he will have trouble even going in a straight line and will put up little resistance to being pushed, and his Armour is very light- even a few good flips and hazard trips could be enough to kill him.

Strategy
In order to approach him, I'll want to be aggressive, but also careful. Move out quickly, and go for the side opposite to the direction his Bar is turning in rather than the front, to prevent him from doing any of the "side-stepping" trickery I saw him use against Striker. If I approach him that way, it'll prevent him from making any moves to my sides due to the forces of the weapon pushing his front side away from me.
Once I'm close enough to prevent him from escaping, keep the wedge/Flipper down and go right at him to tank the initial blow to stop his bar. Once I've done that, take advantage of his low Traction to get underneath him again, prevent him from getting away or spinning up again, and flip him over as well if I have the chance. Stay alert, watch out for if he tries to make any moves to my sides, and be ready to move out the way if he does.

When I'm attacking, I'll want to be aggressive but also effectively keep him under control. Keep him flipped as much as possible- only fire the Flipper when I'm directly underneath him to protect the mechanisms, and at other times use my wedge and superior Speed/Torque Ratio, along with the Polycarbonate Strip along the top of Dreadnought to flip and shunt him around. Keep him herded near the Walls or Hazards to give him minimal room, and underneath as much as possible to prevent him from self-righting.
Flip him over immediately again if he does somehow fall back onto his wheels, and mix up flipping with trips to the hazards- particularly from the Pulverisers and the Drum to smash through his light armour and maybe even ruin the Bar.

Defence here mostly comes down to preventing him from both moving around too much, or giving him time to spin up. To do this, I'll keep underneath him or at least very close to him to stop him from doing so. Keep constantly moving, keep my sides well-protected, and don't fire the Flipper unless I'm definitely underneath him. Until then, prioritise stopping the bar any way I can, and then getting underneath and flipping him once he's vulnerable. My excellent Traction and wide wheelbase will allow me to keep stable whilst he'll go bouncing around quite a lot, so please keep that in mind as well.

Overall, I'll want to be aggressive yet controlled to keep him from spinning up and allow me to get the killer flip(s) in. Tank the initial blow, and from there keep underneath, flipping and shunting him around to make use of both my design and the environment to immobilise him. Ideally I want to TKO him by flipping him over and perhaps shoving him underneath the Pulveriser as I do so for extra bastard points, but I wouldn't mind taking it on Aggression and Strategy either if I don't necessarily kill him.

Well, this should do it. Good luck, Mystic.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."