Bad Trip vs. Red Zone

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

MassimoV

Bad Trip vs. Red Zone

Post by MassimoV » Thu May 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Drive into him and bring the claw down. Drrag him to the hazards. Stay aggressive. Don't let him get to my sides and push me around.

Area51Escapee

Bad Trip vs. Red Zone

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat May 03, 2014 2:14 pm

We're practically even in drive, aside from speed where he beats me by 1. One of the key advantages for me is the 4-to-1 torque advantage, which is bad for him since part of his strategy would rely on some degree of torque to clamp then drag around the opponent.

I'll actually start with the back plow as my primary attack strategy. Seems a bit odd, but it actually makes sense. Even if I can't scoop him up with the plow and he gets under me, his clamp/piercer will cause a deadlock every time he wedges under me. Considering my torque advantage, this means I'll push him without issue. Plus, I'm not worried about his crusher since he'd be piercing down on my thick, durable plow with an armor of 10 (2x armor over his weapon power). So when this happens, just try to push him with the plow. Take him to the walls to slam him and pin him. Take him to the hazards (saws or wall drum) to get additional points. Saws are good because they'd be ideal for slicing into his wheels and wall drum to pop him up and flip him.

If the plow strategy isn't working for whatever reason, it should be fairly obvious early on - so, if this seems to be the case, turn myself around approach with the lifter. I feel like my spike lifter is probably lower than his static wedge, but we'll see. If I get under him, toss him into the wall and hazards. If he gets under me, see if I can deadlock with him to make it a pushing battle. If that isn't working, try to escape off his sides.

Good luck!