Jackal VS Lost Ring

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Jackal VS Lost Ring

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Right, looks like I'm fighting Mystic again. Let's see if I can pull off something akin to Agincourt with this win- though perhaps with less arrows and more dead French robots. :P

Analysis
Lost Ring's quite a peculiar design. Seems to take its cues mostly from Warhead with the self-righting arms and the big disc, and it's got a surprising amount of torque for its design.

However, it's got lots of exploitable weaknesses as well- predominantly, there are the weapons to consider. The self-righting arms nerf the disc's power down to either 9 or 7- either on par with or only just above my armour, so I'll be able to resist it well for the most part, and contrary to what Mystic says, it doesn't reach the ground either, so I can quite easily get underneath. I'm not sure which directions the self-righters extend in, but if they go sideways, he won't be able to right himself if turned upside-down.
He's also pretty vulnerable in terms of stats as well as his general design. His higher Torque can easily be nullified by lifting him up, and he's a good deal slower than I am with worse Traction in particular, so I'll be faster, more manoeuvrable, and have greater potential to control the fight with my drive and weapons. What's more, his Armour is very weak at 4, which means not only will he lack resistance to my attacks, but by extension means he'll be unreliable and could potentially kill himself with his own weapon if he's not careful.

Strategy
Pegs OFF.

So anyway, game on. I'll want to move out quickly at an angle, keep my Lifting Plate pressed down, and go for his sides or corners, whichever one is closer at the time. Once I'm definitely underneath, fire the Lifter to knock it off-balance, then flip it over with a good shove towards the wall. If he tries to run, just use my superior drive to catch him, but watch for if he tries to get the disc in.

From here, I'll want to be as controlled and aggressive as I possibly can. Keep underneath and use the Top Bar to both hammer and clamp down on him repeatedly whilst he's flipped to keep him from righting himself and using the disc, and keep ramming him around the arena and using all the hazards I can to deal damage and potentially immobilise him. Box him into the Pulveriser corners, shove him into the Drum with a good run-up, and push him down onto the Killsaws to cut deep into his chassis. Show no mercy.

Defence mostly comes down to preventing him from spinning up the disc, which I can do by keeping him flipped and shoving him around as much as I can- in this case, the best form of defence will be attack. Keep shoving, stay close to him, keep the front wedge facing him as much as I can, and come at him from different areas each time. Try not to make any daft mistakes, though- keep clear of the hazards when I'm not taking him to them myself, avoid attacking him directly from the front when I can, and keep my sides protected.

Overall, I'll want to be as controlled and aggressive as can be, and make use of my stat and design advantages throughout to really make him suffer. Flip and shunt him around, prevent from spinning up, shut down any and all of his attempts to attack using my drive and weaponry, and break him down using a combination of those and the environment.
If it all goes to plan, I should be able to effectively KO him through horrific internal and external damage from the hazards, but if for whatever reason I don't, winning by a Decision is fine by me, too.

Well, this should hopefully cover it. Good luck, Mystic.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."