Dreadnought Mk2 VS Hammer and Sickle

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought Mk2 VS Hammer and Sickle

Post by GF93 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Look it down, you Canadian Cyclops of Russian Myth. Prepare your AINIS!

Analysis
Alrighty, then. First time I've fought Sauce in a while, and he's got a Clusterbot- a very fast and solidly-armoured one with lots of pointy bits at that.

He's got a lot of pretty crippling weaknesses, however. Besides his design not only being highly vulnerable to flipping from his high ground clearance, non-invertible wedges and convenient handles from those teeth on bars(?), I outdo him in a lot of other respects as well. My shape and thick armour/deflective plates mean it'll be hard for him to damage me by spinning alone, the two individual robots are very light due to being Clusterbots, and his drive in particular versus mine is arguably his biggest flaw.
Even though the two are quick, I'm still fast enough to keep up and have perfect control from my Traction ratio as well as twice their torque, so I'll be the more agile/manoeuvrable machine throughout, and have much better potential to control them- particularly considering they have absolutely no Traction whatsoever.

Strategy
So, game on. Although they're fast, their total lack of traction and control means I'll be able to focus on one at a time. Move out quickly, go for the nearest one and flip them over, before doing the same to the other one.

From here- aggression, aggression, aggression. Since really they have no reliable means of effectively attacking me, I can alternate between attacking each twin when possible. Do so by flipping and shunting them around the Arena, and using my wedges and trapping ability to shove them into hazards and potentially knock them around throughout- almost like the World's biggest game of Arkanoid.
In terms of hazards, focus predominantly on knocking them towards the Pulverisers and Drum to deal some nice internal damage from the repeated impacts.

For my protection, I can reliably employ Aggressive Defence to keep them from ganging together- constantly and unprefictably moving, coming at them in different orders and from different angles each time, and barging straight through them if they try to spin.
Even then though, don't give them any chance. Keep the sides well-protected, keep my distance from hazards when I'm not taking him to them myself, and do what's necessary to prevent them from ganging up too much.

Overall though, my plan is to be aggressive and play their dreadful traction against them as much as I can.
Be varied and relentless in my approaches, keep them separated as much as possible, and I hopefully should be able to win via the Judges. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to immobilise one if I'm lucky!

Well, this should cover it. Good luck, Sauce.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."