Striker vs. Truth or Consequences

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:54 am

-Striker would be a great opponent to make lucky number 50 for ToC, let's see if we can make it happen. The main things are that hinged wedge and spinner rack in the front (granted Chris could be insane and approach with the back plow but lmao). Fortunately, the spinner rack is only 2 points higher than my body armor (and equal to my flipper arm armor) so I'm not very concerned with taking too much damage).

-I've got handy 1 point advantages in every drive category so it's highly unlikely that he could get away from my flipper. With my higher speed, see if I can angle in underneath that hinged wedge and work my way to his main body. Granted I'll be taking some hits from the spinner rack most likely, but like I said, they aren't going to cause much damage (and virtually no damage to my flipper arm). Once I get under him, FLIP! This should allow me to tail after him and get under him from a more neutral position.

-At that point I'd prefer to focus more on hazard usage since Striker has 5 armor. Of course I won't hesitate to flip him again if it looks like he'd be able to wiggle loose. Flipping him and going after him again is far better than him getting off free and clear. Excluding the spinner rack, he's basically the same either way. In theory his spinner rack would be a bit less effective upside down (since it loses it's "pop-up" potential) so I suppose I'd prefer him upside down most of the time, but really I won't make a point about it.

-Now if he wedges me, even though I'm not extremely worried about damage, I'd really rather avoid getting juggled by that weapon of his in any capacity. So try to drive off as quickly as I can and get a bit of space before trying to come in on him. I'll have to progressively widen my flanking attempts if I'm having difficulty getting under the wedge and try to get closer to his sides. At any rate do whatever it takes to get under him.

-An ideal outcome would be if I can get the hinged wedge part under the hazards enough and warp/damage it enough to diminish it's effectiveness. I could even get it ripped off entirely come to think of it.

-So stay aggressive on him. Flip as much as needed and keep him in the hazards as much as I can.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:40 pm

A nice matchup here that surprisingly has never happened before in CFL...this will be an interesting one. As far as the wedge comparison, it's hard to tell which would be lower: his lifter or my wedge. However, one thing I can exploit here is that his flipper tip is narrow while my wedge is wide. If I come at him at a slight angle from his left or right front, then I can probably scoop him up regardless. Since his black front wedge is clearly flush with his chassis, and his wheels will obviously provide at least a little bit of clearance, my wedge will definitely be lower than his black wedges. Therefore, if I can orient myself to slide my wedge spikes under the black wedges and not his flipper, I can get under him all the time (well, at least in theory).

When the match begins, I'll wedge under him and hopefully strike his underside with my bar rack. This will not only do damage, but hopefully pop him up or flip him over. While I'm under him, I'll simultaneously take him to the walls and hazards. I'll take him to either the wall drum, saws or pulverizers - whichever is closest. This is also one of the few times when Striker's last of torque isn't that much of a problem since ToC's torque isn't great either. So as long as I can get under him, I should be fine for pushing him around.

Defensively, if he gets under me, he'll have to get under not only my hinged wedge, but my chassis as well. Plus, in this situation, I'll most likely be able to hit him with my spinning rack anyways. So even if he flips me, I'll hopefully be able to do some damage. In the event of a flip, my spinning rack unfortunately doesn't work as effectively inverted, but my spinning rack be able to warp his wedges and do damage to his flipper even if it wouldn't be able to pop him up or flip him.

Try to get under him as much as possible and use the spinning rack to tear into him and chew up his underbelly and push him around the arena.

Good luck!