Red Zone vs. Dr. Robotnik

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

-Fucking plow... whelp, let's do it. Yeah, 10 armor on that thing is no joke, but that leaves 6 armor every where else except the lifter which SHOULD only have 8 armor (+2 then -2), but no one seems to give a shit about what I have to say about that passive armor bonus affecting active weapons so whatever. :v:

-I'll go with the disc and an in undercutter mode. The disc is for more devastating hits and undercutter is because I think I have an opportunity with the shape of his plow (cause I'd be shocked if Chris doesn't lead out with that). The bottom (and top) of the plow are actually narrower than his main body. This will make it FAR easier for me to hit the edges of the plow than if it was a boxy shape (like a Blood Gulch plow just for reference).

-So if he is indeed leading with the plow, get my disc up to speed and do everything in my power to attack the edges of the plow as he comes in. This will get maximum spin-around on him and keep him from plowing me straight back into the wall. Try to back up just enough to make sure I'm fully facing him again and have my disc as close to full speed as I can (yeah speed disadvantage, but he's recovering from a hit and hopefully spun around a bit) and go back in for a strike. With some luck I might be able to get a shot on his main chassis and with a +7 advantage over that main armor that WILL do some good damage.

-Otherwise target the side of his plow again (or the side hinged wedges if he ends up coming at me with the lifter cause they have that weaker armor as well). Keep trying to spin him around with my weapon and open up chances at his main armor since a few really good hits could lead to a KO.

-If he leads with the lifter side at the start (or at any other point in the fight for that matter), it's pretty much the same deal except that those wedges on either side of the lifter are easy targets and only 6 armored. Rip them off and go from there. Keep trying to attack off to the sides.

-Try to keep myself away from the walls so I have a bit of room to maneuver. If he scoops/wedges me try to escape so he can't slam my disc into the wall or a hazard. Try to get out of his grasp in general as well. With only 2 power his lifter is going to be working VERY slowly and by the rules it would be much easier for me to escape than a 4+ power lifter.

-Keep my disc facing him as much as possible and just try to pour on the damage and don't let him control the fight.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:56 pm

I'll obviously be going plow first for this match. The plow has held up well for the other spinners in the tournament thus far (War Bastard, Zadkiel) and Robotnik is very similar to them design-wise. My 10 armored plow is not an easy thing to cut through and it'll probably take a lot of hits to really damage. My plan, however, is of course to not let that happen and basically only allow him a few hits at most and spend the rest of the time shoving him around with it.

I will start the match by coming out fast and trying to shove him before he gets fully up to speed - if he is clearly already up to speed, I'll do a last minute fakeout and swerve to his side where I'll try to get under him from the side instead. He's got a fairly big disc radius, but it's not so big that I can't realistically get around it. Infact, my 7:7 speed:traction ratio would be ideal. He's only 5:4 so I have definitely have better drive. Plus, his wheels look really thin and oddly flimsy - not sure 100% about this but I feel if they were a bit thicker, he'd be able to turn better and have better overall control.

When I do start to push him, I'll try to get him to one of the arena hazards as early as possible. One of my main goals is to be push him under the hammers where the pulverizer will come down directly onto his chassis. His armor is only 5 so if I get enough hits in, he'll probably take a fair amount of damage after awhile. The killsaws would be nice, too. Either of those hazards will do nicely. If I ever have his spinner completely stopped with my plow, I want to slam him hard into the wall and bring out the aggression. Slam him, pin him, ram him. Whatever. Plus, if I have his spinner stopped, I could maybe try to come at him from the other side and use the lifter to try and get a flip in.

If it's late in the match and my plow is badly mangled, I'll cautiously come at him with my lifter (assuming it still hasn't received much/any damage). Since it'll be late in the match and I'll still be maneuvering around him at all costs, I feel it isn't that big of a deal. However, I'll still use this as a last resort if my plow is really getting weak.

Overall, avoid his front and push him around with the plow as much as possible. Use the hazards to score some damage points and be aggressive all match long. Make sure if we're going plow-to-spinner, that he doesn't swipe me away and get anything on my sides.

Good luck!