Red Zone vs. Eight

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Red Zone vs. Eight

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 pm

If by miracle Rob happens to show up for this one, here goes:

There are several things to point out about his design. First and foremost, he is unable to self-right, so the main strategy here would be to slam him around the arena and try to flip him over any way possible. There are several ways to doing this: slamming him into the wedge wall with the plow, taking him to the wall drum to try and pop him over, or using the lifter to flip him myself (or at least use that in combination with the other tactics)...

However, the biggest detriment, and most likely "easiest" solution to get him flipped over is just let him do it to himself...you see, spinners like this can often times be unstable, but this is especially true when they have angled blades like Eight's and a flat chassis - it really creates major balance issues once something hits his blade. Therefore, even though I'll be doing everything possible to KO him, chances are he'll be flying around like a pinball regardless.

I'll start off the match by coming out with the plow and slamming into him hard. Red Zone has already proved to be tough against the big spinners of the tourney...considering Eight only has 10 WP (equal to my plow armor) and is significantly less powerful than the average spinner these days, his damage potential won't be fully realized. When I slam into him, keep trying to slam him into the wall as hard and as fast as I can. When I have him slowed down, I'll try to approach him with the lifter and prop him up, slam him to the walls and/or wall drum to get the flip asap. Keep doing this for the rest of the fight and be aggressive.

Good luck.