Freezerburn vs Green Dragon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 pm

+ I only have one point of Speed less than he does, so he certainly won't be able to box-rush me or hound me as effectively as others might. I also have my four wheel drive giving better stability compared to his two. There's also not much support at the back, he could end up wheelie-ing, that would be amusing.

+ I do doubt how effective his wedging capabilities will be. For starters, he only has the two tiny strips at the very front of his machine, which will be very easy to avoid (the wings clearly don't reach the floor, and his tail will be even easier to circumvent. I have wedges everywhere, so I could end up getting under him more than he gets under me.

+ I have four points of Weapon over his Armour. Admittedly his jaws are 10 Armour, but since only the front jaw extends to the floor, I figure I'm okay there. Plus, since he has three separate weapons (front jaw and two explicitly separate side jaws), that brings their power down to exactly 1. A narcoleptic pacifist James May would be faster to attack.

> Keep my distance, get my weapon up to speed, like every single other spinner strategy ever. Since he only has a single point advantage with Speed, I should be able to get my weapon going without too much bother. Head out to the center of the arena, stay there, and wait to see what he does. If he approaches with the jaws open, then I'll just rush into them. First off, his lower wedge has plenty of teeth for me to catch onto, and that will knock me away. Actual teeth. Maybe I should wear a dentist outfit for this fight. Secondly, opening up the jaws exposes both his softer chassis, and all the mechanics for his weapons. A solid hit to those will be causing a good amount of damage, and my low Traction will separate us enough for him to be unable to follow up all that quickly. If he approaches with the jaws closed, then I'll aim to get myself around them and smack him on the side. Since his side wings don't reach the floor, there's a good chance I can surreptitiously sneak right alongside him and attack his vulnerable wheels. Alternatively, I could smack him on the side of the wedges and damage them, limiting his ability to get underneath me. That'll be great for me.

> If he tries thwacking during the match, I'll just hang back a couple of feet or so. That doesn't allow him to get any attacks in on me, and it also gives me a perfect opportunity to get my weapon up to maximum speed. So when it is up to speed, or when he has to stop and show movement, I can come straight in with a strong hit. If he tries to lower the jaws down on top of my bar, Sarge tried that and failed, so I doubt the Dragon will be able to pull it off successfully. Obviously avoid the hazards and walls myself, and don't allow him to get his upper jaw beneath me. Since his wedges are so narrow, I do think I should be able to avoid them fairly easily if I need to. Plus, since my weapon is so low, and has good reach to boot, he definitely won't be able to get past it while it's spinning. After an impact, my low Traction will separate us a fair amount, and allow me to keep some distance between him while my weapon recovers.

> Keep my distance and spin up the bar. If he comes at me with the jaws open, then just rush in. I'll definitely hit something and knock myself away. Jaws closed, then strike the side of his narrow front wedge with the spikes on it, or aim to get something under the sides of his wings. Get to the wheels if I'm fortunate. If he thwacks, stay back a little and get my weapon going as fast as possible. Smack him when it is, or when he has to stop. Stay away from hazards/walls, keep to the center of the arena, and do not allow him to get his jaws beneath me. I should take Damage, hopefully Strategy as well, enough for a JD to fall my way. That is if all his wheels stay on.

Good luck, Chris, and may the best bot win. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:58 pm

This will be an interesting one...I do have some key strengths here: good armor, versatility in attack, and the ability to potentially flip him over. It is highly ambiguous (even in his own bot description) whether or not Freezerburn can actually self-right, so I feel one flip could be enough for me. One of the reasons I might be skeptical of this is that his base is so wide and his self-righting pole is so short. Granted, even if he does manage to self-right, it'll probably take him several seconds to execute properly and by then, I'll hopefully be back under him again and wedging him before he can get back up to speed.

I'll start off the match by coming out with my rear tail. I'll get close to him and when he's just about to hit me, I'll swing the tail in the direction counter to his spinning rotation. The impact will do a little bit of damage to the tail (which is basically just meant for absorbing hits in this match), but it should hopefully slow him down and maybe throw him wildly off-balance. Assuming that he's temporarily vulnerable (and slowed down), I'll quickly move in with my front lifter, scoop him up and prop him up to the wall. I'll slam him as hard as I can try to try and flip him. After that initial charge, I hope to retain control of him and push him to either the saws, hammers or wall drum. Saws and hammers for damage but wall drum for possibly flipping him over.

Whenever he's spun up, though, I'll keep using the ram tail to absorb hit after hit. If, however, this strategy isn't working or is proving too costly for my armor, then I'll try to come at him head on with the lifter. Ideally, I'd only want to do this if his spinner isn't up to speed by my front is much more resilient than it may seem. It's got about 10 armor all around given the active weapon bonus (lifter and wings), so it can hold up a long time. I will say, however, I will make ABSOLUTE sure he doesn't get around to my sides. I do have semi-exposed wheels so I want to avoid him striking either of them at all cost.

Green Dragon is sturdy and durable enough to withstand some good hits from Freezerburn here...but once I have control of him, it's going to be hard for him to break free and recover when I'm being relentless. I'm hoping my aggressive approach wins over for the three minutes or gets a KO when I manage to flip him for dead. We'll see.

Good luck!