murder is fun vs striker

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

playzooki

murder is fun vs striker

Post by playzooki » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:38 pm

me

Arm:5
Wep:13
Spd:5
Tra:4
Tor:1

him

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Armor: 6 (+1 Rear Plow)
Weapon: 10

-he wont run circles around me
-i have a bettter weapon
-i have 8 points over his main armour, which should do a lot of damage
-his front wedge shouldnt be too hard to take of, with the way it is attached

-move out and spin up
-aim for the sides a bit, by going off to the sied a bit
-keep my front/back facing him
-stay away from hazards and walls
-just because im slow doesnt mean i cant be aggressive. if hes in the middle of the arena when i am, and the disc is spun up, be aggressive

good luck

Area51Escapee

murder is fun vs striker

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:37 pm

The main thing I'll try to exploit here is my superior drive. While I'm a fairly well-balanced spinner that has decent drive, he's much slower, fatter and has a huge disc that will clearly hinder his turning a bit. Which means I'm going to start off the match trying to drive around his disc and go after his wheelguards. It might be tricky but with enough dedication and patience, I'm sure I can snag his wheelguard. The good thing is - if I do manage this - I'll scoop him with the wedge and then tear him up with my blade from underbeath...so even though he has a wheelguard, I'll still most likely just be directly striking his wheel. With only 5 armor, a flimsy looking wheelguard and small tires up against a weapon of 10, I see those things getting ripped off in 1-2 hits. So that is why it is VERY important I get around to his sides, because if I do, I'm in really good shape.

If I manage to strike him from the side at all, wheelectomy or not, the hit should do at least a fair amount of wheel damage and probably warp his wheelguard (considering it's so thin and close to the wheel, warping it might hinder his wheel from spinning).

My backup plan, assuming plan A doesn't seem to be working, will be to use the back ram (armor of 7) to absorb a hit from his disc and then quickly move in with the front wedge/bar rack to scoop him up while his disc isn't spinning. Even though this could work (I've done this sort of thing many times with Celestial Slayer over the years), I feel plan A would be much more efficient. So use this as a last resort...

Overall, I might not have great armor, but I have a lot of armor protection - essentially, he'll have to eat through my wedge or back plow before he can actually get to my chassis and striking the vital areas of my bot. On the flip side, I plan to go right for his vulnerable spots and get the KO. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck!