Agent X vs. Banshee

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NFX

Agent X vs. Banshee

Post by NFX » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Agent X will be using the lifter for this match.

+ Banshee is claimed to be a 4WD machine, as is Agent X. He has one point of Speed over me, but two points less Traction. So he will be slightly faster, but his control will be, putting it bluntly, piss-poor. My 1:1 Speed-Traction ratio gives me perfect control throughout the match, and the ability to keep myself pointed at him pretty much whenever I desire.

+ I have TWICE the Armour stat he has. Admittedly my Plow advantage brings the chassis armour down to 6, but this is still two points ahead of his. 4 Armour will definitely not last long.

+ His sides and rear appear to be completely flat, and there is no mention anywhere of being able to self-right. Being stranded on his sides, rear or back is a real possibility. Agent X is completely invertible, and combined with the shape and 360 degree range of the lifter, means Agent X will have no such worries.

> I will aim to utilise my superior control at the start of the match. Given our Wedge stats are equal, I will start with the lifter pointed towards him, and avoid a head-to-head collision. He will inevitably mess up sooner or later, and when he does, I will put the lifter straight under his vulnerable sides, and attempt to lift him up and onto his side, where I will simply leave him for dead. Should he tilt over onto his back, and is able to self-right, I will put my wedge underneath his side once again, and repeat the process, lifting him up enough to prevent him escaping, or tilting him onto his back once again. Time spent on his back is time not spent usefully, and having to self-right repeatedly will draim his limited CO2 resources, or whatever he uses to power his weaponry.

> As for the hazards, I'll probably attempt to deliver him to the pulverizers and allow his top side to get beaten for a while. 4 Armour is not going to last long against that. If I do manage to get far enough under him, I'll raise the lifter enough to get his drive wheels up, so he's pretty much balanced between the lifter and Agent X's main chassis. Once he's there, head to the pulverizers and wait until I have to release him. If I'm feeling a bit ambitious and showmanlike, I'll keep myself away from him with my superior controland some clever driving, while turning the lifter around to the Plow side, then sliding under him that way. Once I get under him enough, raise the lifter so he's trapped between the lifter and the plow, and then shovel him towards the killsaws. The positioning of the lifter will mean he won't be able to escape, and I can hold him there for the full 30 seconds allowed.

> Should he manage to get underneath me, either try to drive away and allow him to make a driving error (his poor Speed/Traction ratio makes this pretty much a certainty), or push the lifter down to prise myself off of him, and then attempt to use the plow to shove him towards one of the hazards, lowering the lifter down over him to trap him again. If I'm flipped, I'm invertible, and my lifter ensures I cannot get stranded anywhere.

> Use my superior control to wait for an opportunity at his sides. Get the lifter under him and tilt him onto his side, rear or back. Should he self-right, repeat the process, and take him to the hazards when the opportunity presents itself. Try not to let him get to my sides.

Good luck, and may the best bot win. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Agent X vs. Banshee

Post by winternimbus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:05 pm

My hopes are, is to avoid your wedge, and to get my forks on your side. Also, My Armor is actually Skirting. Take Final Destiny for an example. It's robot Fightin' time!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017