Thorny Devil II vs. Kraze

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 am

+ We are both 2WD machines, and I have the distinct advantage with Speed, so I can easily chase him down should he run away, and keep myself away from him if the situation requires it.

+ I have a two point Wedge advantage, and his wedges appear to be the two small protruding segments at the front of the machine. Any way you slice it, I'm getting under him and he's not getting under me.

+ I have a two point Armour advantage, and one point of Armour over his Weapon. I should be able to withstand whatever he can throw at me, and combined with my superior Wedge stat, cause more damage during the fight via the hazards.

> He's not going to be able to escape from my Speed advantage, so rush him as quickly as possible at the start of the match, and get a flip in. I'm very skeptical about his ability to self-right, but let's assume he can. As soon as he manages to self-right, get back under him and flip him again. My suction fan gives me a theoretically infinite number of flips, so I can keep this up for the entire match if necessary. Just to be on the safe side, take an opportunity to get around his side, where I could easily slide under his strange-looking side bar things. If he does manage to get to my sides, or even to my rear, I still have the two point Wedge advantage, so he'll not be able to get underneath me. The best scenario for him is that he is able to get to my sides and push me a little. Given my greater Speed, however, I will simply be able to drive away from him.

> With regards to the hazards, I believe the drum will be my best bet to cause damage to him. The disc and spike thing on top might deflect the pulverizer blows, and the drums could catch his side bars quite nicely, or even the odd wedge pieces, warping them upwards and giving his even less of a chance to outwedge me. If he does get overturned, and happens to be unable to self-right, I will shovel him underneath the pulverisers and allow them to beat up on his flatter sides and undercarraige. On the off chance that his wedge components are somehow bent downwards by the hazards, this will severely compromise his control, given his 2WD, and also affect his ability to get his weapon into play. This will already be difficult for him, given my superior Wedge stat, his lack of reach, and the angle of my side panels. The only place he will really be able to hit are my horns should I get under him at the correct angle, and even then he will barely cause any damage at all.

> Get under him, flip him, wait to see if he can self-right. If he can, repeat the procedure and attempt to herd him towards either the drum or pulverizers. Try to bend his wedge components if possible to either make it easier to get under him, or compromise his mobility and weapon reach. Continue this until he stops moving, or until time runs out. Once again, my suction fan provides infinite flips and improves my wedges as well.

Good luck, and may the best bot win. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Hmm, Kraze is and odd looking machine, My best chances is to Box Rush, if he manages to flip me, i'll reverse my Disc and go Nightmare on his ass. I maybe get a chance to damage his flipper. I can do some damage on his armor.
Your bot will be a thing of the past!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017