Hit 'em Harder vs. The Gladiator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

lewis

Post by lewis » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Okay. I officially suck at rematches, which is why I really hope I can swing this one. The record between us over two seasons is 2-1 to me, but I want that semi-final slot badly so I'm not letting him break our record even muahahaha:P

To business:

My 2 x heavy hinged wedges will get under his singlepiece wedge no problem, hinged or not. It's thinner and lighter than mine, plus I have the surface area advantage. This is essentially the be-all and end-all of the match; if he can't get under me, he can't ram or control me, and as a rammer that's all he's capable of.

So my plan is to be aggressive and go for the full frontal collision, getting underneath and removing his traction. The way all his wheels are boxed in like that means none of them will be touching the floor when I get underneath and I'll be able to swiftly take him to the hammers, which will make short work of his 6 armour.

Looking at the stats I have better speed, better armour and a thwack arm more than 3 times as powerful as his puny axes, which will do no damage. I also run exactly the same when upside down, while when he's flipped he's useless as the wedge flops over and there's no way those axes could possibly right him. Due to this, if there's a good chance I'll ram him into the drum at some point in the match to try and flip him, and if successful in turning him over I won't take him there again.

If he ever gets under me, my large wheels will remain on the ground and with a 1 speed advantage allow me to drive either backwards or sideways off his wedge, giving him a whack with my hammer as I go. If I ever do find myself in a particularly compromising position I can also horizontal thwack, which should do some decent damage - 7 thwack > 6 armour. My vertical thwack could also come in handy, just keeping up the damage and aggression so I can take those categories should this go the judges..

Good luck DRD! :D

DRD

Post by DRD » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Alright I'm going in this with a completely different tactic from the last time. First thing I'm going to do is move out of the way to avoid a box rush. I know he's faster than me but I should still be able to get out of the way in time. If that does happen it would most likely be a repeat of what happened against Black Rose and he'd go barreling into the spikes. With the shape of his wedge there is a chance he'd get stuck. The likeliness of that happening? Slim... But still a possibility. Anyway if and ONLY IF he comes charging like that I'll rush in while he's disoriented and slam the axes down to keep him on my wedge. Now see the way I designed this bot I don't see how he'll be able to easily slip off. The thing is he can't back over because the axes would prevent that. And the H Shape of my bot should prevent him from getting off from side to side and the axes would be holding him in place to boot.

Anyway Basically haul him to the hammer if that happens. Let it beat on him as much as possible... Now if that doesn't happen then the first thing I'm doing is heading by the saws. I wanna use a strategy similar to what I did against Black Rose, Lure him into the saws. If the saws nail him then charge in and get under him and push him to the hammer before he can recover. Pretty much I want this to be a game matador. Run to the nearest hazard and lure him into it. It worked against Black Rose, it should work now. What I would really like to see happen is his tired get completely mangled by the kill saws. If his wheels get cut up then his speed and traction would hurt.

Anyway good luck!