Toxic Hazard's Revenge VS Vendetta

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

DRD

Post by DRD » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Alright I want to come at this robot head on. I am positive my wedge can get under his because mine is way lower to the ground. He is fairly well armored but it doesn't really matter. My disk is designed to pop up the opponent more then for damaging purposes. Pretty much I want to pop him up and do a complete and utter from corner to corner slam into a wall. The reason I do is with his shape I think I can get him high centered on the spike strip. If that happens I'm leaving him for dead. However if not thin keep on grinding the disk into him. The thing about my robot is that with 3 traction makes me really unpredictable. If he thinks I'm going one way I'm gonna do the opposite. I'm going to try and throw him off as much as possible. I also think My plow can get under his wedge. So if he comes at my back then I'm going to get under his wedge and shove him to the nearest hazard. Unlike Eurypterus I think I can win this fight because his I can get under his wedge. Also I'd like to lure him into the killsaws to disorient him. Much like what I did to JSG. That's the basic strategy.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Toxic Hazard's Revenge

I will use the extra armour wedge please

He's got a good destructive weapon, which is pretty much his 1 advantage over me, as is often the case with Vendetta.

However, he will have trouble using his weapon properly. He has to get under me first, and THEN aim his weapon. Aiming the weapon in the first place with a thin vertical disc is much harder than it is with a big horizontal disc, let alone if you have to get under an opponent first. This is why I myself am not a fan of these "spinner on wedge" designs, adds an extra complexity, gives yourself an extra difficulty in putting your weapon into use. The pay-off can be worth it though, but to pull it off consistently, the wedge has to be perfect. Going by Toxic Hazard's description, his wedge is not hinged and not sprung, so Im gonna say it will have a hard time getting under my own hinged wedge. To make matters worse, my Team FRA teammate Joey has made the following observation:
where the red line that touches the bottom of the wheels indicates that the wedge has got some ground clearance, making it easy for Vendetta to consistently slip under him. To slip under, and gain control.

Vendetta is more agile than Toxic Hazard. Both have 6 wheels, but Vendetta has the stats to put those wheels into use. Which allows it to 1; dodge that disc and 2; come in for the attack. Defensively, I will make use of the above observations and try to keep my wedge facing him at all times, not allowing him to sneak under and use the disc. Never ever give him a shot at my sides or rear, yet if he does attack me there, drive off ASAP and preferably BEFORE the disc hits me, yet if the disc does hit me, rely on physics, allow myself to be knocked away, land on zeh wheels, and drive away with speed. If his attack would somehow invert me, I will keep on applying the exact same tactics, only now my sprung wedge will be in use, making it even harder for him to get underneath.

Right, OFFENSIVELY, I will rather simply use my wedge to attack him. I can attack his front, sneak under his disc, or attack his sides, where Im not too scared of those spikes. I could attack his rear where he has a non-hinged scoop, but that scoop seems to me to be the hardest place to get under. His sides will have my top priority. Get under, and ram, either towards the wall drum, or towards the pulverizer, whatever target is most convenient at the time really. Just do things that damage him, and that keep him from having any control over the match. If he escapes, chase him and use the tactics that are described above, ram the heck out of him.

Good luck!