The Gladiator VS Skate

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

DRD

The Gladiator VS Skate

Post by DRD » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 pm

*Tilts head sideways* Ok this robot is really unique... I'll sure as hell give the maker that. Anyway this thing is a speedy mofo. It also is a thwack bot. Now my match against HEH definitely taught me that charging at him when he's thwacking would be a stupid thing to do. This is a fight I need to be intelligent and pick my shots. If he's thwacking I'm not going to charge in because that is just going to bat me away. He's going to have to stop eventually. When he stops I'm charging in and getting under him. The first ting I wanna do is haul him right to the drum and flip him over. His body is weirdly shaped so when inverted it looks as if it'd really effect the bot. Also I'd like to point out that he has a 10 speed and 5 traction while my speed/traction ratio is even. So he's going to be flying all over the arena. Basically from there I want to take him to the hammer and have it beat on his underbelly some. That's the basic strategy.

BEES

The Gladiator VS Skate

Post by BEES » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 pm

-Drive straight at him with the tail behind me.
-Start spinning right before I get to him. My momentum plus my low traction could cause me to smack him with the tail.
-Reposition to hook the tail under Gladiator and skewer it into the hazards.

-If he tries an aggressive approach, spin in place.
-If he waits for me to stop, stop and keep the tail facing him as it could potentially fend off his wedge.
-Try taking long running slams with the Tail at some point. If that doesn't work, go back to spinning.
-If I ever get flipped, straddle the arena drum diagonally and use it to right myself, like the previous matches.
-If I ever get near a corner, use that getaway speed to rebound off the walls and just generally get the hell out.