Barrier vs. AMP

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Barrier vs. AMP

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:24 pm

In AMP's previous two fights, he had serious control issues, pinballing around and becoming imbalanced. He also did somewhat minimal damage to the opponents in the match (aside from ripping off the teeth of UV). Considering, he's now fighting Barrier, who has better armor and speed then the other two bots, it seems AMP is destined to repeat much of the same issues.

Another great thing about this match for me is he'll have to strike a wedge, and not something flat. His bar is probably just barely low enough to strike me at all, so he won't be able to get as good of shots in.

I will start off by coming at him as fast as I can (I also anticipate him possibly moving off to one side). The initial impact might inflict some damage to me, but it will surely knock AMP away and force him off balance. If he stays on his wheels, I will stay on him and shove him under the hammers. The hammers will be the perfect hazard of choice since there's so much on top of AMP that is vital. I think 2-3 good shots on the motor would probably kill it (if not, at least severely damage it). Keep him in this area as long as I can, for the longer he's under there, the more likely he is to be KOed.

If he gets flipped over, I'll wait a foot or two back and see if he's able to self-right. It's always been somewhat ambiguous if he can actually self-right or not, but I'll be on guard either way. If he can't, just let him die. If he can, I'll be waiting to get under him when he gets back on his wheels.

I will only use the lifter if I have to bar stopped. I will use it to try to pin him to the wall. I will raise it and hopefully have it cross his tribar to try and prevent him spinning up. However, after pinning him, I want to start taking him back to the hammers again.

No matter how good or bad things are going for me, I need to stay on him at all costs. Barrier's been known to be both aggressive and durable. Two things necessary for beating AMP.

Good luck, Paul.

Minion33088

Barrier vs. AMP

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:36 am

Barrier:
Sp:7 Tq:5 Ar:8 Wp:2
AMP:
Sp:4 Tq:2 Ar:5 Wp:11

Barrier looks taller than previous incarnations, while AMP is lower than every. Hmmm..

He has the speed advantage, but AMP has never been the fastest, I have ways around it. His armor is mediocre at 8, but those front hinged wedges are just begging to be ripped off, so that will be my goal this match. And if I manage to mess those up, his lifting arm comes next. I know you can't go by just the drawings, but I wouldn't trust this tiny hinges on the wedges or those holes that are drilled into the lifter, hopefully they will be the weak links.
I want to keep the weapon spinning full tilt at all times. Everything I go in for a hit I will hit him and then loop around a section of the arena in his opposite direction to give me time to ensure full power. The typical hit and run technique. Whether I bounce or not, he will too. I'm used to controlling the recoil so I should be able to keep it off the hazards and the walls.
Recap:Keep the weapon going! The great thing about AMP's weapon is that it's offensive and defensive. As long as it's spinning, his lifter and wedges are useless. Hit and run, get in as many hits as possible, keep hitting until I break some stuff. If I bounce, control the bounce to avoid any and all obstacles.
I know this one is kind of a tall order, but I have faith in AMP, both bots have different stats compared to previous match-ups. It won't let me down this time!

Good luck Chris!