Tank vs. Nazi Zombies

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Tank vs. Nazi Zombies

Post by Siphai » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Tank
Speed: 7
Traction: 8
Armor: 7 (+2 to plow)
Weapon: 0

Nazi Zombies
Speed: 8
Torque: 6
Armor: 8
Weapon: 0

He's barely faster, but I think I have two advantages in this match where it counts. The first is in traction. I am going to be perfectly controlled and precise in my movements, entirely accurate in where I want to go. Nazi Zombies, on the other hand, will constantly have to adjust for skidding, and over turning. He will not accelerate or decelerate as well as I will. While he is faster, I have the maneuverability advantage.

The second, and much more important advantage is in wedging. His is a single piece, thin, high angled wedge. Mine are a multi-piece, thick, low angled wedge. Mine are sharper, and generally at a better angle for penetrating wedges. This will be key in this match. If I get under his front, he will be hard pressed to challenge me, considering I also out push him. I want to aggressively send him into as many walls as possible. I want him to never get a moments respite. I want to be pressuring him as often as possible.

If he can get under my front (which I find doubtful, but there is the possibility none-the-less), then I am going to have to exploit his lower traction as much as possible. His higher speed will work against him here, since I will be all about juking him in order to get to his side. Once he's committed to turning in a direction, his inability to decelerate and his high speed will leave him extremely vulnerable to me getting underneath and exploiting him.

Good luck.

Minion33088

Tank vs. Nazi Zombies

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 am

Tank
Sp:7 Tq:8 Ar:7(+2 to plow)
Nazi Zombies
Sp:8 Tq:6 Ar: 8

I have greater speed and I have only 4 wheels instead of his 6, so I should have a driving edge on him this match. With how both these bots are designed, I'm thinking this is going to be a drivers match.
I'm going to start the match up-side down. This will cause my hinged wedges to be much more parallel (nearly even) to the ground and thus much lower. Hopefully this is enable me to get under his cheap hinged spikes. If I don't get under though, his bot is long, has no side protection, will have trouble turning with 6 wheels so I should be able to get around to his sides.
No matter how/where I get under under him, any time I'm in control I'm going to take him to the nearest hazard. +2 to his plow means -2 to everything else, so his bot only has a armor of 5, compared to my 8. This will help me come out on top in the damage category, simply because he's going to work harder to damage my bot than I will his. I also have the speed advantage and slight maneuverability advantage so if I play it right I have a good chance at winning the aggression category as well. And if all goes to plan,it should net me some nice strategy points as well.
Recap: Start inverted, try to get under whenever possible. Once I'm in control, get busy inflicting damage using the killsaws. Stay on the alert, be aggressive, and get those damage points!

Good luck Alex!