The Windmill vs. Double Dose

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 pm

The Windmill
Speed: 3
Traction: 2
Armor: 6
Weapon: 11

Double Does
Speed: 5
Torque: 2
Armor: 5
Weapon: 10

He's faster than me, but I don't think speed is going to be the biggest factor in this fight. Really the key here is that I not only have higher weapon, but higher armor too. Every time we go weapon to weapon, I'm going to be dealing much more damage to him than he will to me. Self-ko is negligible in difference, so it's all going to come down to who does more damage to whom. My bar actually has more armor than his, so his bar is more likely to get bent as a result of collisions. This could cause his bar to collide with his chain or the surface of his robot, slowing down his weapon and putting it out of action.

My strategy here is to actually be fairly aggressive. He's faster than me, so he might try to scoot around the killsaws or go near the hammers for cover (much like Shatterpoint did). This would be a mistake on his part for two reasons. The first is the same kind of backlash that Shatterpoint received. Newton's Third Law would have him going in the opposite direction with equal force, and depending on how we hit it could be just as likely he goes over the killsaws or under the hammer. The second reason is that this kind of passivity will cost him when it comes to the judge's decision, as I would win the aggression category unanimously.

I'd love for the match to take place in the middle of the arena, but I still want to play it aggressively. Follow him around and bring the fight to him, as he has more to fear from a collision than I do.

If he comes at me with his wedge, it's going to be a lot worse for him. He only has an armor of 5, so I'm fairly sure I'd tear that ass up. His speed is hardly much better than mine, and his traction is the same level as mine so I doubt he'd be able to capitalize much on his speed advantage after any collision.

Good luck

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:41 am

Go for any and all possible blade to ?thing? confrontations and if I get a clear shit at his sides I will take it.

=)