MA: Radium vs Number Muncher

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GrimmRonin
Team: Reaper Robotix

MA: Radium vs Number Muncher

Post by GrimmRonin » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:14 pm

The stats:
Radium: 7/6/4/2/11(+3 front wedge)
Number Muncher: 5/4/1/13/7

Radium Strategy
Well, that's certainly a nasty looking weapon, but I'm going to be looking to take advantage of my superior speed and acceleration to try and keep away from it. My ideal line of attack is to try and get in on the back quarter of Number Muncher. From there, I'm going to scoop it up on the wedge and drive it to the wall, giving it a good slam and also overturning it to render it's weapon less effective. From there, some of the follow up attacks are going to involve, still attacking from the rear, moving it more slowly to one of the arena walls and trying the then overturn it onto it's front end with the hope of leaving it stranded. Should the latter prove impossible, then a continuous barrage of attacks to slam it into walls and keep turning it over, not giving it a chance to recover properly.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: MA: Radium vs Number Muncher

Post by attackfrog » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:58 pm

So Radium calls itself a "spinner killer." And it sure does have a well-armored front wedge. But the rest of it is not so well-armored, and Number Muncher has the power to deal very severe damage to any non-wedge part of Radium it comes into contact with.

Our wedges are of equal effectiveness, so in the 50-50 chance I get under, I'll push in, Radium will ride up Number Muncher's wedge, and at least one of its spinning disks will knock Radium up and back, probably taking another hit on the way. All I have to do to make this scenario happen is to keep facing Radium and win a coin flip when we go head to head.

If Radium gets underneath, I'll of course try to twist away. But if I'm pushed and flipped over and end up upside-down, I'll still be quite effective. NM's weapons can still spin, and when Radium comes in again it'll immediately ride up its wedge on the round "eyebrows" and any flipper action will put the top part of the flipper into contact with a spinner disk. In addition, if I can twist around enough to slide off the side (our speeds aren't that different, after all) I'll hit Radium with one of my disks as I fall back down. One of these impacts will eventually get Number Muncher right-side-up again. but until it does, I'll be as slippery as possible to get my weapons into contact with Radium.

In summary: face Radium, go head-to-head, hope to get under, and smash some shit up if I do, or be slippery and annoying if I don't.

GLHF