Doom Buggy VS Annihilator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Doom Buggy VS Annihilator

Post by GF93 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:10 pm

Regular Config, lower wedge ON.

Annihilator's got a pretty ferocious-looking hammer, but it lacks wedges (or indeed, any means of getting underneath), has a fairly weak drivetrain (so it's at a serious disadvantage in terms of being able to outmanoeuvre or flank me), and the range of the hammer is pretty lacking; it doesn't swing underneath the bot, only goes one way, and my scoop is tall enough to stop it regardless of which config I use. The armour's also low enough for him to take significant damage from the hazards, so take full advantage!

With that in mind, the approach is easy enough to keep in mind; be the aggressor throughout, take the fight to him constantly, keep him herded near the walls/hazards, and actively stop him from mounting any sort of offense. Go for his corners/sides/back and keep the scoop down to negate his hammer, keep him flipped over and interfere with his self-righting whenever he attempts it, force him into the spikes and flames to deal lots of damage over time, and squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock.

Don't fall for any baiting tactics (be it my lifter or the hazards), drive right underneath before lifting/flipping him, avoid approaching head-on where possible and copy his movements if he tries driving/shaking himself off my forks, and just basically be as relentless as possible throughout without giving him any opportunity to use the hammer.

Good luck!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Doom Buggy VS Annihilator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Just hit the thing until the wheels fly off Doom Buggy and bounce on the arena in a cartoonish way
Expect baiting and "aggressive yet strategic" driving
Do my best to have some control over the fight. Worst case try corner camping or something.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53