CBC LW R6: Blood Eagle vs. Trilobite!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC LW R6: Blood Eagle vs. Trilobite!

Post by Rocket » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:11 am

Blood Eagle (Today's Giant Bar Is Brought To You By The Letter T) (4-0)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armour: 7 | 2WD | Wedges are for dweebs

Trilobite! (Fastest Fossil Alive!) (2-2)
Speed: 9 | Traction: 9 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 9 | 2WD | Static Forks

Palaeontology Fact Of The Day: The preferred prey of the trilobite was actually eagles!

ARC Fact Of The Day: Cassie is a fucking liar.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get into the habit of using RP tags for stuff.

---
Whether it's going in undercutter or overcutter formation, Laz likes to try and force his opponent to take hits from his weapons. He knows Trilo has enough speed to get around to his bot's sides, so I can see BE basically doing nothing but hiding in a corner. The Asylum's layout means I can't box-rush either. Therefore, I need to get him to come to me.

When the match starts, get over to his side of the arena fast while taking note of his direction of spin. If he comes to attack me, great; sprint to his side and force him to turn against his own spinner's momentum. That, in conjunction with his -2 control differential, should slow him down enough to get underneath his wheel and make him start Tombstoning. Blood Eagle's design means that it'll bite the floor if I even slightly get underneath the sides or back. The thing'll then coin for a bit, and I can track him and keep destabilizing him. It takes slightly more wedging to make that happen if he's in overcutter mode, but not by much.

If Laz chooses to hide further back in his starting area, I can't stop him, but I can still make him come to me. Approach the blade from an angle and try to get him to move forward. If he doesn't take the bait, keep probing and dodging back. I'm not coming into contact with that blade if I can possibly help it, and if Laz wants to not take the bait then he'll have sat in the corner for the whole damn fight and will lose on control and aggression. However, if he does take the bait, I want to pull him out of his hiding place, staying juuuuust out of reach long enough to get him into a place where I have room to manoeuvre around him. This applies if he's in any open space.

I'm watchful of him trying to torque-turn, so I only want to attack him from behind or from the side where he can't do that. If he cuts weapon power to stop Tombstoning early, I'll be right on top of him anyway, so I can just shove him into a wall, hazard, or House Robot at 6 speed. I have the speed and power to control this fight. I just have to use it.
---

Jesus fuck this is going to be a shitshow. Good luck, Laz, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC LW R6: Blood Eagle vs. Trilobite!

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:50 pm

Blood Eagle: 4/2/1/16/7
vs.
Trilobite: 9/9/3/0/9

1) I have loads of ground clearance. Her wedge is really low and shallow. She pushes with only three speed. I can easily maneuver when wedged.

2) I'm basically an angled midcutter inverted. I have some ground clearance with my blade, but she's not low-profiling me either.

3) I do 7 damage. One good smack kills or badly gimps her. She'll try to avoid taking that all match.

4) She can't box rush me. She can't take a hit. That makes her tactics really obvious and gives her no room for error: she'll try getting behind me or wedging one of my wheels to make me gyrodance. Commence smothering.

Cassie's done her research and'll probably expect:

1) Tombstone bait and torque-aided turn. People are getting wise to it. She'll either stutter engage, back off, or try circling to force me to turn against my weapon torque.

2) 180+ spin with my weapon torque if she's trying to make me turn against it.

3) Starting overcutter to gyrofuck myself less. She doesn't have a good counter, so she'll probably claim low-profiling or my blade still hitting the ground when her wedge boops me. If our dimensions are realistic, neither's happening.

Anyways, I'm not doing any of those (at least not immediately). First, see which door she's headed for and exit through the other. Stay in open space, away from walls, hazards, and housebots. My weapon's UPTAESPEED. I wanna move aggressively forward. She'll try to flank. I'll "try" to turn a bit, ineffectually, just enough that she's not guaranteed to safely get behind me. Then I'll just reverse as she hooks in for my wheel and bring my blade right into her wedge. I'm slower, but I have to cover maybe a foot and she has to react.

If I gyrodance, leave my weapon on so I'm unpredictable and hard to get ahold of. If I come down undercutter, let her literally wedge me from 100% behind. Note how my blade sweeps under my body. Her shallow wedge'll be hitting that for 7 damage. If I end up overcutter, then go back-first, let her wedge me, and pivot while she's pushing me, using my weapon torque to help. Mix up retreating with blade facing her and in reverse, letting her wedge me and countering while wedged. Even if I'm at 13-14 speed, I deal heavy damage.

Yup, that was 400 words on the nose. I want this one. I know you do too. Good luck in the rest of your fights.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49