Skoll vs. Paradox (CBC4 MW Week 5)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Skoll vs. Paradox (CBC4 MW Week 5)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:32 pm

STATS:

Skoll: 4/2/1/16/7
Paradox: 5/4/2/10 (disc and arm with some kinda split) / 9 (+1 tracks)

CONFIGS: Scythe Bar please. Alex said he's using his anti-spinner angled wedgelets.
Start upright. Whichever square I get, book it away from that wall because those are some nasty hazards. Delay spinning up for a second or so I can do this without fighting spinup torque; Paradox isn’t the quickest and will have trouble box rushing. Drive evasively until I’m at full speed, then go at him head-on.

Yeah this blade has more area for him to uppercut, no I don’t care. First of all his drisc has poor reach: he has those 8-armor angled panels in front of his weapon, which I can easily puncture and rip right off, and with them gone if he isn’t aligned perfectly his tracks and/or frame get hit. Second, I hit low enough that without a feeder wedge he can’t really uppercut my bar so much as “forward-cut” it, and I can just as easily get corner hits on his discs which could break those thin teeth off. Third, he can’t actually damage my bar. Fourth, I forget how he assigned weapon points but those lifting forks ARE still there (presumably held up out of the way) in this config, so either his weapon has 9 or less power (minimal damage to my chassis, can’t one-shot a wheel) or he took points for the forks from weapon armor and his discs will definitely get trashed by weapon-to-weapon hits.

Stay away from the hazards, stay away from the walls, and only attack when I’m near top speed, but otherwise go on the attack. I don’t want to even give him a chance to try to chain hits into the drums or OOTA area. Once his angled panels are gone start turning last-second to try to hit his tracks.

If I lose a wheel or one’s so damaged my blade hits the floor, try to bait him into hitting the front or sides of my chassis and flipping me over so I can spin freely (no I’m not dumb, 2-3 corner damage won’t one-shot me). If the good wheel’s on the side I can more easily turn towards with weapon torque, try to bait him into going for it and getting a face full of spinning AR500.

GL HF

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Skoll vs. Paradox (CBC4 MW Week 5)

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:48 pm

Angled Panels and Untethered Forks.

Skoll has that huge bar, which can do boatloads of damage. However, I outdo him in all respects drivetrain-wise, the armour's low enough to deal self-damage to as well as being vulnerable (especially the wheels) to both the drums and my own spinners. Most crucially though, the scythe he uses has a large hole in it, big enough for either of my forks to impale into. If I get underneath and slot either one into that, I can control him!

With that, it's all about tanking the initial hit(s), then from there being aggressive, making use of what I have to force him onto the backfoot, then taking control of him from there as much as possible. Move out quickly, wind the lifting arms upward (out of his reach), spin up, and aim to attack him from the opposite direction to which his bar spins to minimise damage to myself and knock him back. Force the initial impact, then immediately get in with the discs to deal a little damage and pop him up, before dropping the forks down to hook him through the big hole in his scythe. If I miss, don't panic: retract them, chase him down and stay close to stop him spinning up again, then try again.

On the attack, the main concerns will be to keep him from spinning up, and capturing him with my forks. Keep him out of undercutter mode, herded near the walls/corners and drums to limit his space to do so (squashing him into them as well to wear down the clock), manoeuvre, or escape, and ideally hit his body/wheels with the spinners when I can. Once I do ensnare him, lift him off the ground and carry him around for the maximum allotted time (30 seconds), then finish up by either dumping him into the drums for damage, or into the corner. Either way; keep spun up, stop him doing the same, and be ready to recapture him ASAP.

Defence is mostly aggressive; actively take the fight to him and stop him from spinning up, stay in contact/hooking him and herd him into the walls/corners/hazards to do so, and use every chance I have to deal damage. Keep the forks wound in whenever I'm not underneath to protect them, and especially don't fall for any attempts to bait me into exposing my sides.

Good luck!