Phobos Anomaly vs. Evil Destroyer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Phobos Anomaly vs. Evil Destroyer

Post by NWOWWE » Sat May 18, 2019 11:16 pm

-I feel like I have to go 1 of each for this fight. I want the extra armor with the clamp, but I can't pass up a chance at being able to potentially score a high percentage KO with a hammer.

-Obviously this will mostly be about using Clamp Bro to try and bait out ED and try to get it in a favorable position for Hammer Bro to make an attack.

-First thing first is to draw ED into a position where it would be between Clamp Bro and a wall. Since both my guys are faster than ED, drive around and do whatever I can to get this positioning set up.

-Once I do this, I more or less sacrifice Clamp Bro to the damage gods and ram in at a bit of an angle against the direction that ED's weapon is spinning. Having it near a wall should limit the recoil distance it travels and leave Hammer Bro close enough to swoop in and start landing some hits before ED can recover and get its own weapon going again. A few good hits to the chassis gives me a pretty good chance at scoring a KO or doing enough damage to seriously impede his bots operational ability.

-Realistically Clamp Bro will probably be beat up pretty good, but still functional, so I could repeat the process if need be. Realistically getting 2 decent shots like this should be enough to put him down for the count if the first doesn't do it. Just make sure not to let myself take a hit before I'm ready to do so.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Phobos Anomaly vs. Evil Destroyer

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun May 19, 2019 12:33 am

Phobos AnomalyEvil Destroyer
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 1
Traction: 1(+1)Traction: 1
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 12 Hammer / 7(5/5) ClampWeapon: 21(15/5/1)
Armour: 6 Hammer / 9 (+3 clamp) clampArmour: 7
1 of each configNormal bar, but mounted as overhead

Yeah so first things first, he has -2 control while i have 0 :V
He is faster, but not exactly fast AF, and he can't really push me much.
6 armor vs 15 weapon is a lot of ouch, hammer bro might survive a hit if it's in his weapon. Clamp bro has a formidable 14 weapon armor but i should do significant shock damage, potentially 5 specially with corner damage, enough to actually break something important, and those compact internals don't look exactly though.
There is no way in hell that they can fit under my overhead bar instead of getting hit. Still keep the turret all the way down.

I want to kill Hammer bro first, just to get it out of the way. I can and will try to just keep my turret facing Hammer bro but i doubt that it will work.
If they split up keep the turret facing Hammer bro, in the likely case that he stays at a safe distance while Clamp bro comes in, i will wait until it gets very close and only then turn the turret, making sure i hit the side of the clamp or something similar. I want to turn the turret in the direction that will throw me closer to Hammer bro. When i get thrown i will quickly turn my turret to hit it, i have fast spin up time and i don't even need full power to heavily damage it.
If they approach from the same side then i want to keep it facing Clamp bro but not straight at it, instead i want my turret to the side of it closer to Hammer bro. I will let Hammer bro get close only for then move my weapon to hit it. If the it stays away while Clamp bro approaches just hit the side of the clamp. The turret is slightly to the side because he probably wants to grab my spinner with the clamp to keep it from hitting Hammer bro, so watch the fuck out for that.
Keep doing this until Hammer bro is out of the game, always move towards it. If this takes several tries adjust or switch strategies.

Once Hammer bro is dead i can relax a bit and switch strategies, stay away from the walls and keep my spinner away if it isn't at full speed. Once my spinner is ready smack Clamp bro with it on the side of the clamp as much as posible, then move it away to spin up again and repeat the process. Soon enough shock damage should stack up and something should fail.
Now i could try to keep my turret facing straight at it to instantly destroy the saw BUT he would get a very good clamp on me and that is no bueno for me, so keep that in mind.

Naturally avoid doing mistakes, strategy wise included. watch out for any fancy plan of his part and adjust the strategy accordingly.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53