Thunder Underground

Want to get the scoop on future CFL leagues? This is the place to find early discussion.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Thunder Underground

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:21 am

trying out some things in an all new tournament series. lets see how they work.

4 weight classes (FW/LW/MW/HW). you can enter as many or as few as you want. Each bracket will run small groups of round-robins, with bye bots if necessary to fill out uneven brackets.

Role Play Rules

->this tournament will also use a new method of RP. RPs will be submitted via Google Forms, instead of posting on the forums or on Reddit. This will completely remove any accusations of people reading each other's RPs.

->This applies especially in terms of verbosity; RPs should not involve a 10 page dissertation of everything wrong with his robot and exactly how great your robot is; writers are expected to recognize this.  Please do not force the results writer to have to wade through over a thousand words just to get to the damn point of your strategy; this is how we get writer fatigue. "Spin2Win" is legitimately enough sometimes.

-> There's a soft RP length limit of 500 words. In the event that a single competitor consistently violates this rule and writers complain about it to me, that specific person will be given a hard limit of 500 words.

-> Use proper grammar and spelling; if we can't understand what you're saying, you aren't allowed to get mad about it :V

-> Fight cards will be posted on Sunday usually (as are results, mostly), and you will have one week to post your RPs. If the fight card is, for whatever reason, late, RPs will still be due on Saturday, barring some really long delay.

-> All RPs are due Saturday at 9 PM Pacific Time (midnight Eastern time, and I think 5 o'clock for you brits - and no using that daylights savings time excuse! :V). For consistency's sake, no late RPs will be accepted; if you can't RP on time or something comes up, get someone to RP for you.

-> If a robot has configurations that change the stat allocations of said robot (ex. Most swiss-army bots), or change the style of weapon (ex. a robot that can attach either a vertical or horizontal spinner - this should cover the rest of the swiss-army designs :P), its user must notify its opponent which configuration it is using. Other bots are not required to do so, but you're welcome to do so (especially if someone asks and it's not integral to your strategy - remember, don't be a dick :V). For this tournament, this will include the following robots:

->Fights will be judged for a total of 15 points, divided equally among 3 categories; Aggression (who initiated the attack, who's running away, who's running into fights, use of weapons - this is all regardless of how intelligent it was to do these things), Damage (obvious, I'd hope), and Control (similar to the old criteria's strategy; takes into account the intelligence of actions like a spinner running away to get their weapon up to speed, or a driver who refuses to abandon a strategy even though it is clearly not working).

Stat system:

The point system will be the same as previous tournaments with 30 points being divided up between Speed, Traction, Torque, Armor, and Weapon. The main set of rules can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yoR ... yfTiI/edit

A few notes:

-> There is a limit of 16 points on weapon power.

-> Impacts can affect more than just the area directly impacted. Robots with high armor bonuses can still experience damage to the mountings of the bonused area, or have internal components knocked loose. This can never directly cause a KO or catastrophic damage, but may cause things to stop working or parts to fall off with enough hits. Shock damage will be calculated by subtracting the chassis armor from the weapon power, and then halving it. I.e. if you have 6 chassis armor and a 14-power spinner hits your wedge, it does (14-6)/2 = 4 flat-surface damage.

->Administrators reserve the right to modify a bot's individual stats based on discrepancies with the picture of the design. The administrators also have the right to reject any robot submission, stat allocation or design aspect that is considered to be unfair or exploiting the rules in any way. This especially applies to exploitative designs; I don't really care if you found this tiny part of the rules that technically makes what you're doing OK, because I'm more concerned with making everything fair than allowing for that shit. Yes this is because of Brimstone :v:

->All information about adjustable set-ups must be stated in the original post – linked albums or other such things may contain additional pictures to avoid clutter, but should not unintentionally hide extra information.

ARENA:
TBD

signups will end sometime after ROBOTS2 concludes.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Badnik96

Thunder Underground

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:22 am

Team Ignition

FW: Salamandra

i could put a picture of sawblaze here and you wouldnt notice anything different

LW: TBD

MW: TBD

HW: TBD
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

patrickrowberry

Thunder Underground

Post by patrickrowberry » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:28 am

team cardboard pony is here

FW.
window cleaner. a 2 wheel drive wedge with a under cutter at the back with a wide wheel base oh and don't forget its font hinged flipper at the top for self righting and maybe a few lucky attacks

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0820.JPG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0821.JPG

speed 6
traction 4
torque 1
weapon 12 (11 /1)
armour 7 ( +2 to wedge )

LW. metal 3 a full body spinner withc is also a vacuum powered hover bored vid explains how its made

the vacuum powered bit is in the main section the top bit is a icewave style I.C.E engine on the top special made to help point the bot in the right direction

speed 6
traction 3
toque n/a
weapon 14
armour 7

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0835.JPG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0835.JPG

MW. the fast and the grabber; uhm its a 2 wheeled drive speed grabber and it self rights all dominator 2 style using the wheels and yes its a crusher

speed 8
traction 7
toque 2
weapon 10
armour 2

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0823.JPG

HW. wedge me once shame on me wedge me twice shame on you.

two wedges the left a 2 wheeled drive inventible wedge similar to ram bot form the 4th series of robot wars and the other a basic double sided wedge with 4 wheel drive and with inverted wedge on the back

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0834.JPG

( the left on is named "left" and right is named "not left")

left
speed 7
traction 6
toque 2
armour 9

not left
speed 8
traction 6
toque 2
armour 8 ( + 2 to front wedge)

SHW. another horny one; 2 wheeled drive lifter with gruff style forks to catch on bots and lift them up 160 degrees of rotation

speed 7
traction 5
toque 2
weapon 8
armour 8 (+ 2 to wedge)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0826.JPG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_0828.JPG
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Thunder Underground

Post by Trihunter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:41 am

Cool Story Brobotics

FW: Runaway Rabbit

Mischievous rabbit. Bad girl rabbit. Ill-minded rabbit. It's the rabbit of happiness.

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3
Armour: 11 (+2 plow)

A 4wd 90 degree flipper, with little wedgelets neatly under the plow to prevent tipping weirdly. The ears are just polystyrene, so we don't have any jamming incidents this time. In addition, we're bringing an optional second, Mecanum drivetrain, as well as wedgelets.

LW: Dubior Jr

L...O...A...D...I...N...G...
LAUNCH ARMAMENT POWER ▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢ 100%
DRIVE SYSTEM --- ONLINE
CALCULATED VICTORY PROBABILITY: 99%
OK > 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF!

Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 / Armour: 4

A full-power 2wd clamshell flipper, with sufficient speed and power to toss bots over both low and high walls. Most of the hardware is back-loaded, meaning that the flipper can survive a mangling but keep running optimally.

MW: TBC

HW: Highland Fling III

MUCKLE DARMED CULTISTS! 'AIR YOU NAMBLIES KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN!?

Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15
Armour: 8

Here we go again, lads. This time, HF3's brandishing a vicious angled face spinner, two wheel drive, and a more optimised wedge, with removable wedgelets. The face spinner can be swapped for a more traditional overhead bar, if need be.
Last edited by Trihunter on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
Ruination 4 FW Champion
ROBOT 2 SHW Champion
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
Image Image

Mole55

Thunder Underground

Post by Mole55 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am

something

Wolf51-50

Thunder Underground

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am

Thing

FW: All Superheroes Tickle Clowns

4WD mecanum hammer bot with a small 4 bar flipping arm on the side of the wedge.

Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Weapon: 12 (11/1)
Armor: 9 (+2 front including flipper)

LW: Really Bad Itch
2WD dustpan with a whisk style x axis spinner. While it lacks the power to KO machines, it makes up for it by flinging bots away while taking chunks out of wheels that are too close

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Weapon: 9
Armor: 9

MW: Vovoka 3
2WD dustpan powered by the salt and memes of the forum :V. Now has forks and other horrid attachments

Traction: 7
Weapon: 0
Armor: 13

HW: Romeo Blue

4WD box with a rear hinged flipper/clamp on top with an electric mechanism similar to Diablo Genesis (fires with a lot of force and can be released into clamp mode with a smaller amount of energy albeit a slower speed). This is also paired with front wheels that have about 250° degrees of movement, and three blue lifting spikes put on a hinged plow (which has about 5 degrees of freedom). Spikes can lift about 80° and has a front built with both verts and horizontals in mind. Spike lifters can also be removed for just the plow if needed as well. Did I just spend 3 points on what's essentially a flamp srimech? Yes I did :V

Weapon: 5(3/3/3)
Armor: 11 (+1 front)
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:37 am, edited 25 times in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

V900

Thunder Underground

Post by V900 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 am

biggie biggie biggie cant you see

Featherweight:
Mean Bean Machine
Torque: 5
Armor: 10 (+3 weapon)
Weapon: 2 (1 tento shell arm, 1 flame, 1 titanium saw)

You might notice that I specifically have the saw made out of titanium. Titanium has a habit of making a lot of pretty sparks. With said sparks flying around in combination with the flames, things are gonna heat up real quick.
Will it KO the opponent? Lol, no. Will it help sway the audience and judges? You know it.

Lightweight:
Netherworld Dwellers

Yuyuko (middle bot)
Speed: 1
Traction: 1
Armor: 15
Weapon: 2 (1 piston, 1 lifter, 1 clamp)

Youmu + Myon (outer 2 bots, exact replicas of each other)
Speed: 8
Armor: 1
Weapon: 1

It's basically Paper Mache Artillery + Wheely Big Mistake 2: Even More Obnoxious edition. Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose.

You can probably guess what role each part plays.

Yuyuko has an outer "shell" wrapped around a small pole in the center, with gravity making it drag across the ground as it "moves" (i.e. trudges along at 1 speed). Thing's basically the hinged wedge equivalent of a glunker. It's also a shuffler for no good reason; and for an even worse reason, it's clamp is on a piston. Splitting a 2 weapon gives you either two 1-point weapons or three 1-point weapons.

Youmu and Myon are standard-fare all-speed-no-armor minibot, now in a pair. If you're entering a spinner, get ready for me to just shove Yuyuko in your face the entire match using these. Even if you manage to splatter one of them, the other will still be running around at 8 speed hiding behind Yuyuko.

(BTW, Youmu and Myon are both 25% of the total bot's weight, whereas Yuyuko is twice Youmu's weight at 50%. Yuyuko is a very hungry ghost.)

Middleweight:
Sheer Heart Attack

Speed: 9
Torque: 2
Traction: 8
Armor: 10 (+3 rear plow)
Weapon: 1

NO WEAKNESS

Rebuild of this similarly heart attack-themed robot. How this one works is that a robot goes up the wedge, hits the "trigger", the hinge flexes back a maximum of 60 degrees (as seen in the bottom pic) and sends the opponent into the air with a similar velocity that a 1-3 power flipper would. Chassis wedge extends past the hinged wedge, meaning it doesn't do the thing. It's also completely invertible, including the double-sided ABR plow. Front forks are hooked up to a 1 point motor so I can hold them in place from doing hinge things at any point.

Yes, I already know Madbull has a bot with this same name that hasn't been used in upward of a decade.

Heavyweight:
Judge

Game A
Traction: 4
Armor: 7
Weapon: 13

Game B (i.e. what's shown in the splash)
Armor: 10 (+3 wedge)
Weapon: 10

Not to be confused with THE Judge, this bot has an overhead hammer that can strike ahead of or behind it. [siiip] Yep, Chomp was a great robot.

An LCD display on the top/bottom lights up whenever the hammer hits the opponent, displaying a number from 1-8 depending on how much damage was inflicted. It always displays a 9 when landing a knockout shot.

I'll include the raw renders and what it looks like without the wedge in a spoiler tag later.

Superheavyweight:
Super Neglected Waterbug Turbo Edition
Armor: 9
Weapon: 7 (6 to motor powering 5-powered drums, 1 to plow)

Yep.
Last edited by V900 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

GuldenFlame

Thunder Underground

Post by GuldenFlame » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Team Loading is in.

FW: Lockdown

Weapon: 2

Armor: 11

A box with a hinged jaw on it. The upper jaw is the only one that works and the entire jaw setup works inverted.

LW: Stream Edge

Weapon: 12

Armor: 5

I repurposed my SHW into the LW, as Mesh was a bit of a mess. A twin HS with both Spinners running on the same motor. Weapons are on belt drive so if one stops spinning the other will continue.

MW: Toasht

Weapon: 3

Armor: 12

Front forks are hinged. Nothing special here.

HW: Frostburn

Weapon: 14

Armor: 5

Discord's reaction to it says enough. "Oh hey Ghost Raptor" "Oh hey Apex"

The wedge is hinged btw... But only like, 5 degrees.
Last edited by GuldenFlame on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.

Billy5545

Thunder Underground

Post by Billy5545 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 am

Team Eagle Robotics joins their first ARC tournament

FW: Darwinian Predator

This downscaled version of a HW is a fast clamp. It features 2WD powered by fast motors. The clamp, meanwhile, is powered by two motors (bursts in RA2). It also features good armor which makes it tough. The mouth wedge, meanwhile, is static. However, the bot's large cambered wheels are exposed though

Weapon: 6 (-1 srimech)
Armor: 8

LW: Stab Runner

Competing in Orc's Wars Overclocked, Stab Runner will also compete here now. It is a fast 2WD wedgebot with a pneumatic stabbing spike. It used the most powerful stabbing motor for a very strong stabbing power, which is so strong that it actually push the whole bot forward every time it used it's weapon. It is also invertible, and basically has no ground clearance. It's wedge and armor are less durable though, unfortunately.
Billy5545 - Stab Runner.png
Billy5545 - Stab Runner.png (333.42 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Weapon: 9
Armor: 6 (+1 wedge)

MW: Axe n' Kill

Competing in Middleweight Mixup 2, this bot will also compete in here now. It is an axebot with 4WD drive and angled wedges that primarily functioned as a spinner killer. It also jumps a bit when attacking, but not much. However, it's weakness is that it can't self right due to the axe's position when retracted. Though it can technically drive inverted if one of the wheels touched the ground when inverted.
RA2_splash_2.png
RA2_splash_2.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 1226 times
Speed: 6
Weapon: 11
Armor: 8 (+2 wedge)

HW: Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II

A 2WD spiked hammer inspired by beta and TerrorHurtz, and themed on bird, it has a fast and powerful weapon powered by an E-tek motor, as well as strong armor. It also features two hinged wedgelets. However, with only two TWMR2 drives, it is not exceptionally fast. The top is also rather fragile, being lexan. The hammer mechanism is also rather exposed too, especially at the top.

Traction: 1
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9 (+2 front plate)
Attachments
screenshot_86.png
screenshot_86.png (30.22 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Last edited by Billy5545 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Team Eagle Robotics
ARC Tourney History and Records
Spoiler
Show
Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Axe n' Kill (MW): 0-1
Terminating Cutter Gen III (HW): 0-0
OverCleaver (SHW): 0-0
Also competing in:
Spoiler
Show
Gametechmods: Orc's Wars Overclocked and 3, Deathmatch 2 and 3, Mech Madness 2, Destruction Evolution 2 and 3, etc
Garry's Wars: Not yet
Besiege Bots: Not yet

The_Angry_Goat
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Thunder Underground

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:03 pm

FW: Guleh

LW: Ritual

Standard config:

anti-vert:

anti-HS:

Standard: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 7 (5 saw/5 clamps) / Armor: 9

Anti-vert/HS: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 11 (+2 front - everything in front of the shock mounts)

MW: You Have Excellent Taste In Shirts

removable forks. 2WD vert.

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 7 / Armor: 10 (+2 silver area from wedge tip to the center of the spinner)

HW: Food Grade Plutonium

let's get some shit from the Angry Goat Robotics days out here. Forks, Short wedge, Plow.
Last edited by The_Angry_Goat on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS (220 - 112 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

CBCIII
Cuddle Time!: 5-2
Scion: 7-2 (finalist)
Chimera V: 7-1 (undefeated in the regular season, semifinalist)
Delorean Cowboy: 2-4

ROBOTS3...?
Found God in a Tomato: 0-0
Venice Queen: 0-0
Visual Assault: 0-0
Blackburn Kangaroo: 0-0

Ravioli Ravioli Don't Lewd the Rotini ~Hooray for Lexan

Pat only uses 10% of his power to be fair to everyone else ~Hooray for Lexan

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

British-Robotics

Thunder Underground

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Line up (Reconstruction)

FW: ???
LW: ???

MW: Upchuck

The old guard is back and has returned modernised and more sleeker. The weapon is powered by a single gas canister, wheel guards and a large flipper plate to give enough room to flip the target, the robot also features "Anti-Flip" wedge from the back to prevent getting toppled or flipped over easily or bouncing back on it's wheels on the arena floor.
Upchuck References
Show
Image Image Image
Last edited by British-Robotics on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 am, edited 11 times in total.

attackfrog

Thunder Underground

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:26 am

Edit: The Gnasher already entered a tournament (and didn't do all that well) so it won't be coming here except as an updated version of itself, perhaps.

Expect me to enter at least two weight classes, let's say MW and HW (maybe?) with robots to be decided upon.
Attachments
main.PNG
main.PNG (570.12 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Last edited by attackfrog on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not entering The Gnasher
ROBOT3 - The Terrible Toad Twins (FW) / Admiral (LW) / Whirlpool (MW) / Sideswipe (HW) || (Entry Post)
REDDIT - The Angry Urchin (HW) || (Entry Post)

Frogbot 2000: ROBOT2 Middleweight Champion!
Speed Bison: Ruination IV Superheavyweight 2nd Place

[attackfrog on Sketchfab] | [attackfrog on Tinkercad] | [Index of Visual Guides]

Madman

Re: Thunder Underground

Post by Madman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:04 am

Okay, solid chance I'm joining this, depending on the rule set used and how busy I am when it starts.

FW: Kurosaki-kun
LW: Krakatoa
MW: Black Dog II
HW: Meanstreak
SHW: Hadean
Last edited by Madman on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARC Record: 420-1

Black Dog ||| Hellhound ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo

Pretty much the best person on ARC

YSMQTHLQYH

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 am

So i made an account on the forum for it to be moved the day after :V
Anyways i'm in this thing.

Update: This is actually happening now, SHW is no more, etc.
Update 2:
Show
16 WEAPON POWER CAP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FW: V-TEC
4-bar flipper with tank threads (4 of them) but with a party trick.
It has a second weapon that uses the pneumatic system from the flipper and re routes the air towards the drivetrain, making the bot charge forward at a very high speed. And no, this doesn't fry the motors.
Stats:
  • Speed: 6
  • Traction: 5
  • Torque: 2
  • Weapon: 8(7 pneumatics(flipper or charge) / 1 weapon switch)
  • Armor: 9
Yes, both the flipper and the charge get the full 7 power, i only need to spend 1 point into the second weapon as it just a fucking switch. This does mean that i get problems like running out of CO2 in the tank kills all weapons and not being able to really use both at the same time.

The side wedgelets are hinged and removable, all the forks are individually hinged but can only move a few degrees before they hit their mount itself.

I also have an alt config for spinners.
Armor config:
  • Weapon: 7(6 pneumatics /1 weapon switch)
  • Armor: 10 (+1 to forks/plow)
things here
Show
Anti-vert forks
The aluminium forks are replaced by thicker titanium ones and their mount is thicker too. Otherwise the same.
Anti-horizontal plow
The side wedgelets are removed and the forks are replaced by a single UHMW hinged plow with a titanium plate, the mount is the same as the anti-vert forks.

may make an anti-hammer if i feel like it.
LW: Evil Destroyer V2
Stats:
  • Speed: 1
  • Traction: 1
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon: 22(14 spinner / 7(5 normal turret / 5 pneumatic turret) / 1 telescopic lifter thing)
  • Armor: 7
It's a walker now because i made the math and figured i needed one more point, more info when i get more renders.

Basically same deal as with the first version, 1 speed bot with a horizontal spinner mounted on a turret that also moves up and down along a pole, said pole also acts as a srimech in combination with the turret.
This iteration also keeps a few more optional things from the original like the extended bar and the ability to mount the spinner as an overcutter, regardless of which bar i chose.
There are a few new things like the aforementioned walking system, the internal layout has been rearranged primarily with the turret itself, the new motor that drives the spinner is now exposed (good luck hitting it tho) but the most important change is one that you probably noticed when looking at the stats.
The addition of the pneumatic turret. What the fuck is that and where is it located? in addition to the normal turret mechanism, there is a full blown pneumatic system inside the bot identical to the one found in any flipper or hammer, but it is connected to the one turret on this bot. Meaning that i can control the turret like normal and then fire this pneumatic system to release a bunch of energy at once, moving the turret at a significantly faster speed with the trade off of control over it. Firing the pneumatic turret will automatically disengage the normal motors, as to not fry them, and will keep rotating freely until i decide to engage the normal mechanism again.
If you want to ask how fast will the turret will turn while on this quick burst, remember that this pneumatic system on a flipper would throw an opponent 5 feet into the air, so yeah it's quite fast.
More pictures
Show
High power config:
  • Weapon: 21(16 spinner / 4(3 normal turret / 3 pneumatic turret) / 1 telescopic lifter thing)
  • Armor: 8(+1 to weapon shock mounting or whatever i need to give an armor bonus to reduce weapon self-damage)
This config takes out some motors and stuff from the turret mechanism to add a bigger bar, said bar is the same size as the extended one but a lot heavier, meaning it does more damage. This config also reinforces the mounting of the weapon and the mechanism that drives it so it doesn't destroy the rest of the bot.
Pic
Show

MW: Cookie Cutter
4WD lifter / clamp / saw
The saw arm comes for free with the 5 point saw.
The front wedgelets are hinged, can only move a little and can be removed entirely.
Stats:
  • Speed: 6
  • Traction: 4
  • Weapon: 9(5 lifter /5 clamp /5 saw)
  • Armor: 9
A few more images
Show
And no, this isn't as high as it goes.
Armor config:
  • Weapon: 8(7(5 lifter /5 saw)/1 clamp)
  • Armor: 10 (+1 to plow)
Picture of it
Show
Expect an anti-vert edition of this config.

HW: Tactical Brick Dispenser
Yeah so now there is a 16 weapon power cap, RIP my 20 power spinner. I am moving this thing back to HW.

More pictures
Show
Wedge edition.
High armor plow.
Flipper extended NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
Rear of the high armor config with the reversed flipper.
Sketchfab model if you prefer that (Ignore the fact that the decals on the sides are wrong, it took me like 7 attempts to upload it and i don't want to do it again)
Show
Stats:
  • Speed: 7
  • Traction: 7
  • Weapon: 7 (5 (3 Flipper / 3 Lifter / 3 Claws) / 2 (1 for each of the four brick cannons))
  • Armor: 7
Armor config:
  • Weapon: 4 (2 (1 Flipper / 1 Lifter / 1 Claws) / 2 (1 for each of the four brick cannons))
  • Armor: 10 (+3 to plow)
Yes, it has a total of 7 weapons, and it also has mecanums just for good measure.
Located in the front center of the bot there is the lifter. Mounted on it are the Claws that are effectively a single clamp that also works as a wedge when closed.
Besides the middle assembly with the cannons and lifters sits a 4-bar flipper, it's powerful enough to self right the bot.
In the middle of the bot sits TBD's main characteristic, 4 self-contained single-use cannons that throw bricks mounted on two rails. Each of the bricks has their own cannon, currently shown as a yellow box, they also have a chamber-cartridge-thing on the side with single use CO2 bottles (not made yet).
When a cannon fires, the brick comes out with part of the mechanism that shoots it, the side cartridge comes out of a hole (also not made yet). Then there is some space freed up in the rails, a compressed spring mounted at the end of them can now expand, putting in place the next brick and throwing out whats left of the previous cannon.
The bot is invertible, the part where the cartridge pops out doesn't really work when upside down tho, so firing a cannon while upside down will probably jam up the next shots. This isn't really a problem because the flipper can self right the bot.
The bot also has hinged wedgelets besides the weapons, they have a limited angle and can work as a ghetto anti-faceplant device.

This also has an alt config with a wedge attached to the lifter and the bottom claws get removed while the top ones get changed to ones that pretty much are regular clamps, making this a lifter / clamp combo of sorts

Now for the Armor config, The wedgelets mounts get moved forwards and a big plow is attached to all of them. The plow is also attached to the lifter (that's why the mounting gets moved). Like in the wedge config, the claws get exchanged for clamps
And the flipper would be either unusable or very exposed, so the bar things get changed around so the flipper basically gets moved to the back of the bot and now it kinda acts as a rear hinged flipper (well rear). That change in layout should also have the effect of making it easier for the bot to self right, which comes in handy as the flipper now only has 1 power.

I am pretty sure i forgot something but whatever.

Also i'm probably changing this thing out because i now realize that its not going to actually win much and a rework is needed.
SHW: Equisde
XD for short, just don't ask.
SHW is no more :(
This was a joke anyways...
Last edited by YSMQTHLQYH on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 18 times in total.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Recent history

ROBOT3 -
Image 1-4
<3 5-1
Pressure Flop 3-3
Omnicrap 2.0 0-4

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4
I Suck At Names 5-3
Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3
Equisde 3-3

REDDIT - Terrorbird 1-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3

Overall record: 33-34
dammit

BEES

Post by BEES » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Interesting... I don't have to enter all weight classes...

Kind of like that actually.