whoa haha

Important news and update announcements regarding Advanced Robot Combat.
Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:07 pm

did i accidentally abuse my admin powers or something? haha. nope. oh man though, i must have done something really bad to warrant being unadmined without anyone talking to me! whoopsie! haha.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

whoa haha

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:42 am

Well you seem to have minimal interest in being a productive member of the staff lately, so there's that. And I know you'll want to say "what this is all about crazy bots wut lmao". Well you have your own opinion of that tournament that you've made quite clear on a few occasions, and your opinion was logically debunked. Of course you holding on to this has pretty much done nothing but earn you the ire of almost every other staff member. And I mean there's a pretty clear distinction between the mostly good natured heckling and griefing that ARC members have indulged in for more than a decade and just blatant assaulting of others character. It comes across very petty and childish quite frankly.

As for "prewarning". Well it wouldn't be the first time that, once a decision was reached that you didn't care for, you decided to take it out on a currently ongoing tournament by perhaps deleting/removing posts out of spite. Would you have done something like that again? I guess it's fairly unlikely, but your record is against you there so I decided not to risk it.

I think you've been around long enough to realize that ARC is (largely by virtue of it's small size) more a tight-knit community than most sites out there. If you want to indulge in your casual trolling, leave on SomethingAwful or whatever similar sites you frequent. I mean clearly based on other threads like the BattleBots discussion, you're more than capable of actual constructive conversation. Enough time has passed that almost every regular member here is a full adult, so try to act like it a bit more often.

And I'm nothing if not forgiving. I'm not saying "you'll never staff here again" or anything like that. If that was the case, based on prior history you wouldn't have an admin spot to take away.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

StarlessSoldier

whoa haha

Post by StarlessSoldier » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:41 am

I used to be an admin too. Calm your tits.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 08:41 AM</dd></dl><div>I used to be an admin too. Calm your tits.[/quote]Nah its not a big deal, since there's like 15 people that use this forum and like 10 of them are mods/admins. Being a mod is just convenience so I can setup subforums or move threads or whatever. I just thought it was cool that I make an offhand comment on skype and I get deadmined like I'm being punished or something. Like zero communication. Kody gets hurt feelings and runs to Josh lol.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 07:42 AM</dd></dl><div>As for "prewarning". Well it wouldn't be the first time that, once a decision was reached that you didn't care for, you decided to take it out on a currently ongoing tournament by perhaps deleting/removing posts out of spite. Would you have done something like that again? I guess it's fairly unlikely, but your record is against you there so I decided not to risk it.[/quote]lmao for real though

playzooki

whoa haha

Post by playzooki » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:33 pm

#siphaididnothingwrong

NWOWWE

whoa haha

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 12:20 PM</dd></dl><div> I just thought it was cool that I make an offhand comment on skype and I get deadmined like I'm being punished or something. Like zero communication.[/quote]It's okay, communication doesn't seem to be your strong suit lately. If you think it's just because "an offhand comment on Skype" then you clearly tl;dr my post. Also, for what it's worth, the idea to revoke your admin status wasn't even spearheaded by Kody, so you can let go of that little fantasy.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>lmao for real though[/quote]Yeah sure. I said it wasn't likely at all to be an issue, but facts are facts. Let's not pretend you didn't delete the power rankings thread for Aftermath when the big blowup happened.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 12:36 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah sure. I said it wasn't likely at all to be an issue, but facts are facts. Let's not pretend you didn't delete the power rankings thread for Aftermath when the big blowup happened.[/quote]oh no&#33; not the power rankings lmao. not hte power rankings from 5 years ago. that was from a thread that i created, so i wouldve been able to edit the post whether i was a mod or not?

anyway let's not pretend you didn't vote for your own robots in like 4 straight tournaments, if we're just going to accuse people of stuff

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 12:36 PM</dd></dl><div>If you think it's just because "an offhand comment on Skype" then you clearly tl;dr my post. Also, for what it's worth, the idea to revoke your admin status wasn't even spearheaded by Kody, so you can let go of that little fantasy.[/quote]i totally believe this lol. that's why it happened right after the skype comment. no, you've totally been planning this since... i said that i didn't want to continue crazy bots (8 days ago)?? you planned to deadmin me because... i said that i thought crazybots was a bad tournament, and i didn't want to complete it, and you made your big post so i was like 'fine whatever' and dropped it. then i make the same "oh this tourney is only continuing because josh and kody want their 40-0 records to count" on skype, and an hour later i'm deadmined. alright....

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:18 pm

saying that you guys want your 40-0 records to count isn't even a controversial thing, i don't know why it seems to rile you guys up so much. i wish reign of steel counted because i did well and won a trophy.

NWOWWE

whoa haha

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 07:12 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 12:36 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah sure. I said it wasn't likely at all to be an issue, but facts are facts. Let's not pretend you didn't delete the power rankings thread for Aftermath when the big blowup happened.[/quote]oh no&#33; not the power rankings lmao. not hte power rankings from 5 years ago. that was from a thread that i created, so i wouldve been able to edit the post whether i was a mod or not? [/quote]That's not the point I was making and you know it, but whatever. I don't care if it was some nothing thread in Chit Chat or when it happened, it was a stupid and immature thing to do.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>anyway let's not pretend you didn't vote for your own robots in like 4 straight tournaments, if we're just going to accuse people of stuff[/quote]lol wow, this shit again? I'm really sick of discussing this, but okay. Find me one person that suggest that I decided those playoff fights in anything other than a fair and impartial manner then maybe this argument will finally hold water.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>saying that you guys want your 40-0 records to count isn't even a controversial thing,[/quote]No but it is being a complete jackass about the whole thing which has become all too common for you lately. So honestly the whole situation has been a slow burn for awhile now, and not just about Crazy Bots.

playzooki

whoa haha

Post by playzooki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 07:18 PM</dd></dl><div>i wish reign of steel counted because i did well and won a trophy.[/quote]same here. also you should totally post on gtm, make one bad bot on ra2, pm the admin asking for vet and then cause drama on gtm when you dont get it :P

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 08:18 PM</dd></dl><div>That's not the point I was making and you know it, but whatever. I don't care if it was some nothing thread in Chit Chat or when it happened, it was a stupid and immature thing to do.[/quote]You're killing me here man. Come on. You honestly believe that I'd use my admin powers to delete like all the results, or the power rankings, or the signup threads, or whatever? Because of what happened in Aftermath? 5 years ago? You were so afraid of this, that you pre-emptively deadmined me?

That's insane. You have to realize how insane that sounds. I don't get clemency for something that happened 5 years ago? Then why ever make me admin or mod in the first place, after that happened&#33; I mean, you really don't trust me to not pull shit like that?

Because that's what I'm getting out of this. I wasn't deadmined because I didn't want to continue crazy bots, or because I made passing comments that you guys only wanted to finish it because you wanted your 40 win records to count. I was deadmined because you think I really would've gone and deleted all the crazy bots stuff, because of something that happened, five years ago&#33; And it wasn't even that bad, it was the rankings thread, which was something I was maintaining so had access to anyway&#33; Doesn't even matter if it was 'childish' (it was) it wasn't like I deleted all of the aftermath threads, like you seem to think I would do here.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 08:18 PM</dd></dl><div>lol wow, this shit again? I'm really sick of discussing this, but okay. Find me one person that suggest that I decided those playoff fights in anything other than a fair and impartial manner then maybe this argument will finally hold water.[/quote]I can't namedrop spatula can I? lol. Yeah yeah I know we discussed this before, but its impossible to decide your own fights in a fair and impartial manner, simply because you're the one fighting in it. Your argument against Hephaestus or whatever was specifically that you didn't like my RP. Or that you liked your own RP better. OF COURSE YOU DIDNT lol, you wrote your own RP and made your own robot so of COURSE you'd think it'd win.

But I mean, if you don't trust me to not delete threads or whatever, you can probably see why I don't really give you the benefit of the doubt here either.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 28 2015, 08:18 PM</dd></dl><div>No but it is being a complete jackass about the whole thing which has become all too common for you lately. So honestly the whole situation has been a slow burn for awhile now, and not just about Crazy Bots.[/quote]What exactly was I being a jackass about? I'd trash Cutie Honey or Spectrum, or one of your robots, or whatever, yeah. And why not&#33; The complaint I usually end up seeing when you enter something and it does shitty is like "no one ever told me in the first place it was bad". Then when I tell you its bad, now I'm being a jackass.

Other than that, I'd razz kody on skype about, idk, whatever. I really can't imagine what I said that really wasn't just referencing his robots. I mean, if me being a jackass is just because I went around making fun of other people's robots or saying that they were bad, then I gotta say you guys gotta be less sensitive.